Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws? - Page 12

View Poll Results: Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • None,the 2nd A,shall not be infringed,rules

63 77.78%
  • Yes,there must be some restrictions

17 20.99%
  • Undecided

1 1.23%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff martin View Post
    Absolutely no arms control of any kind!! Criminals will always arm themselves!!

The Second Amendment protects All Rights!!
    OK, I'M JUST THROWING THIS OUT FOR DISCUSSION. I've skimmed the replies and didn't see (or missed) any comments regarding people who should NOT have guns. And I've known quite a few over the years! For example, in Michigan convicted felons are not allowed to possess firearms. How about people who are mentally ill? I mean, flat out nuts! Should they be able to walk into a gun store and pick up any gun they want? Or, how about a 14-year old child? What about foreigners? Of the Mideast persuasion for example? Should there be NO "background" checks at all? I mean if, as I believe, that the Second Amendment allows everyone to possess a firearm, doesn't that mean there ARE no restrictions. What say you all?
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    OK, I'M JUST THROWING THIS OUT FOR DISCUSSION. I've skimmed the replies and didn't see (or missed) any comments regarding people who should NOT have guns. And I've known quite a few over the years! For example, in Michigan convicted felons are not allowed to possess firearms. How about people who are mentally ill? I mean, flat out nuts! Should they be able to walk into a gun store and pick up any gun they want? Or, how about a 14-year old child? What about foreigners? Of the Mideast persuasion for example? Should there be NO "background" checks at all? I mean if, as I believe, that the Second Amendment allows everyone to possess a firearm, doesn't that mean there ARE no restrictions. What say you all?
    I personally believe in no restrictions of any kind on anyone in regards to owning (keeping) and carrying (bearing) arms (guns) but I firmly believe in removing the criminal who uses his owning and carrying to harm others from society by incarcerating them and keeping them incarcerated until they can be trusted to not harm anyone if they are released...............and the same standard applies to the nuts ... keep them locked up until they become sane or just keep them locked up.

It isn't about the gun... it is all about punishing the person, the individual, the human being, who used the gun to cause harm!!!! However.... our society seems to think the uncontrollable can be controlled by passing laws that tell the uncontrollable what they aren't "allowed" to do never understanding the uncontrollable criminal and the nut just don't shive a git what they aren't "allowed" to do.

Anytime that you try to compromise with the antis they immediately come back with more demands. Therfore, you have to fight them on everything.

the second actually only applied to those who might be called up for service in the militia. Free white males, between the ages of 18-40, IIRC. So you don't want to go betting everything on the 2nd. If the 2nd is repealed, THEN what, hmm? The Constitution, if we don't ENFORCE it, is just a piece of paper and it does NOT grant you any rights. Rights come from your being able and willing to SERIOUSLY HARM those who try to usurp those rights. When it becomes apparent to the ever present aggressor that you can't or won't do so, you'll be killed or enslaved. That is true all throughout history and everywhere. Everyone AGREES that a rabbit has the "right" to bite the cat that is trying to kill him, IF HE CAN. :-) Humans just found a better way to "bite" first, from a distance, that is the only difference. Punks don't need guns. Hunks of pipe, fist sized rocks to throw, bare hands, force of numbers, big man attacking a small woman, are enough for the defender to need a gun to stop the attack.

You can't carry even a pocketknife in England. If you'd asked ANY Japanese, 70 years ago, if there'd ever be a law there banning SWORDS, you'd have been locked up as a complete idiot. Yet that has been the law there for decades now. NEVER concede ONE INCH to wannabe enslavers. Doing so just encourages them to try again.

Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Sorry, this isn't personal but you've got it coming:
    Sounds personal to me...

It's soooo nice that we are all on the same side though!!

The quote from "Abe" is relevant to the topic..

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    The quote from "Abe" is relevant to the topic...
    That would be this quote, right?

I have a hard time accepting as relevant to any topic a quote speaking about perverting the Constitution from one of the worst perverters of the Constitution in history.

Does the same quote carry any weight with you coming from this Constitution-usurping traitor?

If we substituted the word "Revolution" for the word "Constitution," would this traitor to the founding of the US of A be worthy of listening to?

620,000 dead Americans, more than half of which were citizens of 10 free and sovereign states that decided the union they voluntarily joined upon ratification of the Constitution a mere generation prior, died at the hands of the despot Lincoln. He was this country's deadliest war criminal, and a whore to special interests that pumped money into his and the Republican Party's coffers. And he was anything but "honest." Just 12 years prior to foisting a war of aggression on the Confederacy, he spoke in glowing terms about the idea of seccession.

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can, may revolutionize, and make their own of so much of the territory as they inhabit. -- Abraham Lincoln January 12, 1848
    He suspended the Constitution during the War of Northern Aggression, as well as habeas corpus.

Personally, I would no more accept his expertise about freedom and/or The Constitution than I would Hitler's, Pol Pot's, Mao's, Marx' or Stalin's, whether they seemed "on topic" or not. I think that was what gunner was getting at, though he is welcome to clarify for himself if I'm wrong about that.

I get that the winners get to write the history, but in this day and age, with information so literally at our fingertips, it never ceases to baffle me beyond description how today's constitutional patriots can hold Lincoln in such high esteem. He was a brutal tyrant and a phony of the first order. Unless tyrants is the topic, his name and/or quotations have no business in discussions about our rights. No man alive or dead ever did more to deny Americans and their Southern neighbors their rights.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

fudo, great minds think alike :)
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

Never said I held Abe in high esteem.
    He is a tool as were others.
    Sorry to have pissed on your corn flakes!
    Just tell me how you "really feel" though and don't hold back, please!
    It sooo nice to be the brunt of one of your rants... But I guess "I had it coming" huh?
    I thought we "all" stood for a common cause here. To do everything one can do to fight for the rights that God has given us.
    I am sorry that the Abe quote upset some of you, it was not my intention.
    I appreciate the information that was passed on concerning Abe. It was information I was truly not aware of.
    I guess I need to bone up on my history.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    I don't care to take the emotion out of the "Argument". I never suggested we do that and I don't believe its possible.

IF you understand Mental Illness, then the statement asking you to go see it IS NOT intended for You.

I stand by the current federal Law. If you don't, what are you doing to change it? Poking holes in the air on a USA Carry Forum? That will get the law changed!

I am living by the Law Of The Land. This is what I am called to do.

For those things I feel are unjust I contribute my money to candidates who share my beliefs.

I write letters and try to be sure my concerns are heard if not addressed.

You can "Poll" all you want on USA Carry but until you put your time and money where your mouth is AND have the majority with you, you'll never see a change.
    So what you are saying then is you put your time and money into making sure we have candidates who will make sure there is more gun control? You have mentioned more than once that you want to make sure there is gun control for the mentally ill and the felon. Since you assume I do nothing to help actually maintain our rights, I guess I will need to do that much more since there are gun owners like yourself who are doing all they can to usurp the rights of the citizenry. How dare you come on here and assume that since we post (like you do) that we do not do anything else? Why do you make this a personal issue against me, when it is a very real issue against our Constitution?

Kramer, please tell me why you have the 2nd Amendment in bright red lettering as your signature line? Is it there to remind everyone on the forum what our right actually is? If this is the reason, and you are staunchly behind it, could you then please tell me why you throw your money at candidates who will regulate a right, not just any right, but the only one that states, "... shall NOT be infringed."?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast