Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws? - Page 13

View Poll Results: Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • None,the 2nd A,shall not be infringed,rules

    63 77.78%
  • Yes,there must be some restrictions

    17 20.99%
  • Undecided

    1 1.23%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 180

Thread: Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    OK, I'M JUST THROWING THIS OUT FOR DISCUSSION. I've skimmed the replies and didn't see (or missed) any comments regarding people who should NOT have guns. And I've known quite a few over the years! For example, in Michigan convicted felons are not allowed to possess firearms. How about people who are mentally ill? I mean, flat out nuts! Should they be able to walk into a gun store and pick up any gun they want? Or, how about a 14-year old child? What about foreigners? Of the Mideast persuasion for example? Should there be NO "background" checks at all? I mean if, as I believe, that the Second Amendment allows everyone to possess a firearm, doesn't that mean there ARE no restrictions. What say you all?
    Yes. You got it correct. That is what the 2nd Amendment says. Now concerning the mentally ill. If you are, as you put it, "flat out nuts" you should be in a facility for treatment or your family should be taking care of you. The government has no business regulating our rights. About the felon, there are many people who have committed non-violent felonies and paid their debt to society. They should still have the rights, after paying their debt. The violent felon however should never be allowed back into society to do what they've done before. The 14 yo should be regulated by his/her parents and not the government. When the government regulates our rights, they no longer become rights, they become permissions by the government. Inalienable: It means unable to be taken away from the possessor. These rights are inalienable, since they were not granted by government, but our Creator. Therefore, they cannot be taken from us and we need to do all that we can to stop them from doing so. And the person who is not a citizen, but legally allowed to be here: If we have allowed them to be here, don't they possess the same basic rights endowed by our Creator? If they are illegally here, kick 'em out.

    Are chainsaws lethal? Are hammers lethal? Are knives lethal? Are cars lethal? All of them are just as lethal as a gun in fact cars seem to be more lethal. Car fatalities are between 30-40k per year in this country. Maybe we should do background checks on them car owners before they purchase. Maybe we should have a psych eval first. You do not need to have a driver's license to purchase a car either. You only need one to drive it on the street. Anyone can go into any car dealer and purchase a car. They'll even deliver it to you if you don't have a license. One may even buy a car in another state than the one they live in. One can get a car with turbo boost, and a second gas tank. I've even some cars that can reach speeds of 200+ mph!!!! There is no need for any car to go that fast in this country!! *yes, denote the sarcasm*

    We see things like this yet there are still some that believe we need more restrictions and more gun control... control against a right. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it's about controlling people. If you started putting these types of restrictions on car owners, how much of a fight would there be in this country? And cars aren't even a Constitutional right.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  2.   
  3. #122
    As far as Laws against Felons having firearms, I have always agreed with this. All my life growing up I was warned that if I commit a felony I would lose or give up certain rights, the right to vote and the right to own firearms to be some. These peoples rights were not taken, just like me they knew the risk but for what ever reason didn't care. So as I see it they GAVE up their rights, not had them TAKEN. I am 50, I have never been in handcuffs or been in the back of a squad car. This was not by luck but by choice. As to their debt to society being paid, I am sorry but no it has not. Part of that price has always been that if you commit a felony you give up your rights. As far as Laws for nuts or children, in a perfect world the nuts would be put away and children would be under the control of their parents. But we don't live in a perfect world. Nuts get guns and shoot children, and some parents don't know where their children were last night much less what they were doing. This is the world we live in.

  4. #123
    I generaly do not get involved with these endless debates, as each side has there opinion. but personaly I have to say just letting any person walk into a gun store and buy what ever they may want, with no questions asked is the most dumbass thing I have ever heard, I agree the laws they try to adapt now go way past stupid, but I cannot go along with allowing anyone without question to purchase firearms, and while true criminals will always get guns, I don't feel after serving time for armed robbery, that individual should be allowed by law to purchase a gun, having served his time or not, when the constitution and the second amendment were written it was not in the founding fathers wildest dreams that the world would turn out like it has, so things that were thought of, and the resulting laws and amendments just do not apply the same way
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

  5. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Murderers, child molesters, Pedophiles, rapists, wife beaters, violent criminals and other such scum forfeited their rights. I have no problem sending them back to prison for possession of firearms, I have no empathy for them and I support laws that do so.
    Those people should not be out of prison in the first place. If we let them out, they should get their rights back. If they don't deserve their rights they should be under the prison.
    Chief

  6. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    when the constitution and the second amendment were written it was not in the founding fathers wildest dreams that the world would turn out like it has
    So then:
    • You believe that the 1st Amendment protects political speech in books and newspapers, but NOT on radio, television, and the internet?
    • You believe that Blacks and Whites, and men and women should NOT be equal under the law?
    • You believe that the 1st Amendment protects Catholics and Episcopalians, but NOT Mormons?

  7. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Charles,

    Is that the same "Honest" Abe who sacrificed the very Constitution he seems to regard so highly simply to hold the Union together, an action of which was Constitutionally illegal in the context of removing States' Rights of Sovereignty? That Abe....? Nah... couldn't be him.

    Sorry, this isn't personal but you've got it coming:
    I love History. Not to get too far off topic, but if you look into it Lincoln was a white supremacist (see Lincoln/Douglas debates), the Emancipation Proclamation freed no slaves, and yes, he stomped on the Constitution worse than any other president... until now.
    Chief

  8. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyredneck View Post
    I am 50, I have never been in handcuffs or been in the back of a squad car. This was not by luck but by choice.
    It was LARGELY by choice, but not COMPLETELY so.

    Can you tell me what Richard Jewell did to find himself in the custody of the FBI? Please be detailed and take as much space as you need.

    Of course you could end up DEAD rather than in handcuffs. Please explain concisely as well how the Atlanta PD ended up kicking in Kathryn Johnston's door.

  9. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    The Mentally Ill cannot be allowed to own firearms.
    Convicted Felons should not be permitted to own firearms.
    If someone raped and beat your sister or your mother, upon their release from prison you really want them to be able to purchase a firearm? Not me.
    And... I don't want my 11 year old to be able to purchase a firearm.

    Gun control never stopped a gun crime. What it does is provide you, me, and the NRA with the statistics that Legal Gun Owners do not commit Gun crimes.

    1. Seventy-eight percent of all shooting deaths are drug-, gang- or other criminal-related incidents committed with unregistered guns wielded by non-licensed criminals.

    2. Eight percent are shootings by police or security personnel.

    3. Less than 1 percent are shootings by legal gun owners committing a crime.

    4. Six percent are legal gun owners protecting life, limb and property (homeowners, shop owners, etc.).

    5. Eight percent are miscellaneous (suicide, hunting accidents, accidental discharges, etc.).


    We, The Gun community know there really is no gun control. I buy everything I want when I can afford it. Big deal, a $5.00 fee.
    We need the stats on our side or the Liberals will lie and lie, and lie as they always do, and all those Obama Phone toting liberals will really impact what we do.

    No Mentally Ill
    No Felons
    No Kids
    A very well thought out, Lucid argument. Unfortunately it is completely invalid. Which law do you think will actually prevent the above from happening? (hint, none will work, so we go back to the part where laws only effect law abiding citizens. )
    -
    Regarding kids owning guns, That's actually something to think about. They can work legally at 14-15, drive at 15-16, vote at 18, drink at 21. As the all knowing government, where would you place the infringement? How about we go back to personal accountability and parenting?
    Chief

  10. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Convicted of a Felony. It will not stop them from getting a gun if they really want to, but it gives Law Enforcement more violations to convict them of if they decide to go back to a life of crime.
    If they go back to a life of crime, why not just convict them of those crimes? Why do we need to invent more "charges" to convict someone of? So that maybe they can stay in prison longer? What we need is fewer LAWYERS, fewer laws and fewer loopholes that let undeniably guilty offenders walk. We also need to make sure we have plenty of room in our prisons. Get rid of "mandatory minimums" (get caught for 3 misdemeanors and you end up taking up valuable prison space). We need to also seriously reevaluate the benefits to society when you house, feed, provide cable TV and other conveniences to someone that has been sentenced to life or multiple life sentences. But instead we fund sex changes and sterile needles for lethal injections.
    Chief

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    So what you are saying then is you put your time and money into making sure we have candidates who will make sure there is more gun control? You have mentioned more than once that you want to make sure there is gun control for the mentally ill and the felon. Since you assume I do nothing to help actually maintain our rights, I guess I will need to do that much more since there are gun owners like yourself who are doing all they can to usurp the rights of the citizenry. How dare you come on here and assume that since we post (like you do) that we do not do anything else? Why do you make this a personal issue against me, when it is a very real issue against our Constitution?

    Kramer, please tell me why you have the 2nd Amendment in bright red lettering as your signature line? Is it there to remind everyone on the forum what our right actually is? If this is the reason, and you are staunchly behind it, could you then please tell me why you throw your money at candidates who will regulate a right, not just any right, but the only one that states, "... shall NOT be infringed."?
    Wolf_fire Seriously man, Take a couple of pills.

    Your like the Jessie Jackson of USA Carry. I do not give time and money to "Gun Control Advocates". However, I do support the current FEDERAL Gun control laws.
    Most people have a problem with their state laws, Not Federal.

    You advocate keeping Felons in prison forever.

    Did you say that?

    No, but you implied that when you said if they haven't been rehabilitated they should not be released. Almost No One gets rehabilitated in prison, so if I want to put words in your mouth, You Said That.

    Yes wolf_fire Do More Work. You want to preach and bi+ch about gun laws, I should see you on the nightly news as being the Darn David Duke of the 2nd.

    My interpretation of the 2nd allows for All people to bear arms. By all you have the same basic restrictions as you would to be able to Vote in this country. I do not believe the 2nd to be a broad brush to cover anyone from cradle to grave. Our Founding Fathers were much smarter than that.

    I am not going to change my views based on your rants. I will however support any laws you are able to change. I have experienced far to much to hand a firearm to anyone.
    I'm shocked that any gun owner who has any experience at all would advocate that we allow anyone who does not understand that it is wrong to shoot or kill another human being a gun. Seriously? How can you advocate this?

    I don't have open carry in Florida. Janet Reno saw to that. I haven't seen anyone in years try to change it. The Open carry law was the first reason I joined the NRA, they were going to fight to return that right to Florida residents... Ya, that's been years. But I continue to support them.

    wolf_fire, Change the law and you will change my mind. Otherwise your beating on your keyboard is about useless.

    However, as a prior service member I do support your right to waste my time.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast