Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws? - Page 16

View Poll Results: Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • None,the 2nd A,shall not be infringed,rules

    63 77.78%
  • Yes,there must be some restrictions

    17 20.99%
  • Undecided

    1 1.23%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 180

Thread: Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

  1. #151
    So wolf_fire are laws preventative or are they punitive?
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

  2.   
  3. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    So wolf_fire are laws preventative or are they punitive?
    I got this one. On their face, most laws (if you ask a liberal) are supposed to be preventative. For example, if I ban a gun, I am preventing gun crime! This is ludicrous, and goes back to the law abiding citizen vs criminal argument. Lets say I carry concealed without a permit. I have broken the law, but guess what? Nothing happens and nothing has been prevented. Now when I get pulled over for speeding, and the cop finds that I am carrying instead of getting a ticket I get cuffed and stuffed and additional charges are brought.
    -
    IMHO, 99.999% of the time laws are punitive. They do nothing until they are broken, which is when the attorneys get involved and they try to use as many of them as they can to make a criminals sentence longer.
    Chief

  4. #153
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    ... If you haven't noticed, 20.29% of us (Currently) have it right, Because its the law.
    Is it right b/c it's the law, or is it the law b/c it's right...? There are huge differences here, Kramer.

    Was it right to disarm German Jews b/c it was the law...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  5. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Is it right b/c it's the law, or is it the law b/c it's right...? There are huge differences here, Kramer.

    Was it right to disarm Germans Jews b/c it was the law...?
    Kramer is a willing slave. He's a slave to tyrants, a slave to unconstitutional law, a slave to his stubborn intransigence to even attempt to understand what someone is actually saying, and he's a slave to a wholly bastardized re-writing of Romans 13 which was re-written by the powers that be so that society would continually produce fully-controlled, castrated sheep who follow without question, not God's Word, but the prince of all tyrants, Satan's.

    The King James Version of the Bible, and every version that flows from it, was mistranslated* for the express purpose of establishing king and pope as the sovereigns over the hearts and minds of men. To think that a spiritual manual, The Bible, would include such blasphemous support for the notion that thought and actions must be inspired and controlled by men instead of by the Spirit of God Almighty displays the utter oxymoron that is modern acceptance of, "Law of the Land is obeyed because the Bible tells us to do so." Tyranny was prophesied, and we're seeing it come to fruition sho' 'nuff, but Romans 13 (or whatever other mistranslations* of verses concerning governments of man) was never intended to mandate submission by Christians to it, for when Satan's spiritual warfare is complete, man's law will dictate that Christianity itself is against the law, and Christians had better be steeled against that certainty rather than casually opining that The Bible commands our submission to man's law!

    Beware the "New" this or that version of The Bible. Listen to the link I gave above and understand that there is only one reason to make it "new" or edit a single punctuation mark, word or sentence in it, and that is to deceive its readers for some nefarious, blasphemous purpose other than that of God's.

    Blues

    *Edited "written" and "bastardized re-writing" to "mistranslated" for clarity's sake.
    Last edited by BluesStringer; 10-16-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: changed words, "written" and "bastardized re-writing" to "mistranslated."
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  6. #155
    SOME regulation is NEEDED!

    When REGULATION becomes about $$$ is when it becomes about greed.

    When REGULTION is about ThePeople, then it's alright.

  7. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Swiftus Funkellwerk View Post
    SOME regulation is NEEDED!

    When REGULATION becomes about $$$ is when it becomes about greed.

    When REGULTION is about ThePeople, then it's alright.
    Are you referring to regulations against The People? Government regulation has the sole purpose of controlling and thus profiting from whatever is to be regulated. There is zero need for the gov't to regulate (control) firearms in this country. If you want to reduce crime against the people, by the people...(?) then you need to make it easier for people to acquire firearms, not harder. Here's where people get confused, they think to themselves, "Hey! That means it will be easier for the criminals to get firearms, too! No way!". Here's the flaw in that line of thinking, it is already easy for criminals to get firearms. Is it hard to get illegal drugs? Hell no its not! Anti-drug laws are not preventing anything... Anti-gun laws aren't going to reduce firearms violence, they haven't worked yet... what makes you think another couple will help? Historically, firearms restrictions have been put into law for the sole purpose of weakening The People... not protecting them. "Why would the gov't want that?", you may ask yourself... so it's easier to impose their elitist, corrupt will on the people. Cut, dry... plain and simple. It's hard logic to wrap your head around b/c we've been brainwashed to believe our gov't actually cares about us, I get that. Once you realize you're nothing more than a profit producing, slave for the ruling class... everything falls into place.

    How about this, in 50 years we all agree to come back to this forum and discuss whether or not tighter, more restrictive gun control stopped criminals from being criminals. I'll bet a quadrillion dollars I'm right. I say a quadrillion b/c by that time, the pace we're going... that will be what I use to buy the weekly groceries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  8. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    We are all free, but we all wear chains.

    It wasn't long ago, when someone said, "it's a means to an end." The question is, how many means are you willing to sacrifice to get to the end? If universal background checks on anything firearm related was law, if yearly testing and training was required by law, if a registry was required by law, if a permit was required by law, how many would submit to the government as a "means to an end?"

    IMO, someone who defines their actions as a "means to an end," or follows laws, be it unconstitutional and or unjust, just because it's the law, are willful slaves.

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  9. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Kramer is a willing slave. He's a slave to tyrants, a slave to unconstitutional law, a slave to his stubborn intransigence to even attempt to understand what someone is actually saying, and he's a slave to a wholly bastardized re-writing of Romans 13 which was re-written by the powers that be so that society would continually produce fully-controlled, castrated sheep who follow without question, not God's Word, but the prince of all tyrants, Satan's.

    The King James Version of the Bible, and every version that flows from it, was mistranslated* for the express purpose of establishing king and pope as the sovereigns over the hearts and minds of men. To think that a spiritual manual, The Bible, would include such blasphemous support for the notion that thought and actions must be inspired and controlled by men instead of by the Spirit of God Almighty displays the utter oxymoron that is modern acceptance of, "Law of the Land is obeyed because the Bible tells us to do so." Tyranny was prophesied, and we're seeing it come to fruition sho' 'nuff, but Romans 13 (or whatever other mistranslations* of verses concerning governments of man) was never intended to mandate submission by Christians to it, for when Satan's spiritual warfare is complete, man's law will dictate that Christianity itself is against the law, and Christians had better be steeled against that certainty rather than casually opining that The Bible commands our submission to man's law!

    Beware the "New" this or that version of The Bible. Listen to the link I gave above and understand that there is only one reason to make it "new" or edit a single punctuation mark, word or sentence in it, and that is to deceive its readers for some nefarious, blasphemous purpose other than that of God's.

    Blues

    *Edited "written" and "bastardized re-writing" to "mistranslated" for clarity's sake.
    Wow, What a Stone thrower.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  10. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Is it right b/c it's the law, or is it the law b/c it's right...? There are huge differences here, Kramer.

    Was it right to disarm German Jews b/c it was the law...?
    Naa, I just said that to keep wolf_fire fired up!

    We are not going to agree on this. We can keep going but its futile.
    IF you have never met someone that you can look at and truly say they should not own a gun, your either blessed or sheltered.

    The last two times I was at the range there is a really off the wall guy in his 60's. This guy is questionable with his rifles and I heard the range masters talking about the possibility of banning him from the range.
    He is constantly sweeping the line with his weapons, Firing his weapons after the cease fire command is given, cross firing into other firing lanes and generally being a disruption to other shooters.
    He talks to himself constantly about his weapons, ammo, and targets.
    I'm not sure what he's practicing for, but he seems very intent on what ever the mission is.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  11. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Naa, I just said that to keep wolf_fire fired up!

    We are not going to agree on this. We can keep going but its futile.
    IF you have never met someone that you can look at and truly say they should not own a gun, your either blessed or sheltered.

    The last two times I was at the range there is a really off the wall guy in his 60's. This guy is questionable with his rifles and I heard the range masters talking about the possibility of banning him from the range.
    He is constantly sweeping the line with his weapons, Firing his weapons after the cease fire command is given, cross firing into other firing lanes and generally being a disruption to other shooters.
    He talks to himself constantly about his weapons, ammo, and targets.
    I'm not sure what he's practicing for, but he seems very intent on what ever the mission is.
    Sooo, what are you guys at your range doing about this guy...? Nothing? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast