Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws? - Page 17

View Poll Results: Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • None,the 2nd A,shall not be infringed,rules

63 77.78%
  • Yes,there must be some restrictions

17 20.99%
  • Undecided

1 1.23%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

The Long and the short.

I will NEVER support further Federal Gun Control.
    I would Like to see Florida's Open Carry Law Changed to Allow Open Carry.
    I Will support SOME loosening of the Federal Gun Control laws.

I am fine with what is currently the laws because with very little restriction ($5.00 background check & needing a permit to carry) I buy and use the firearms I want.
    I have 5 children and 5 grand children, I work a full time job and to be completely honest I have more than enough to do. I'm not going to get out there and hold rally's and round up the troops to change the Federal Gun laws.
    Because I'm not willing to spend my time to do so I support USA Carry, NRA, and my local political officers who are gun friendly. I have a current and on going relationship with my member of Congress. Richard Nugent is an Excellent Congressman, a former Sheriff, and has our backs on Gun Ownership.
    If all you do about a Law you are unhappy about is write on a Forum, then you are not doing anything worth a darn for your cause.
    IF you do invest your time and treasure then you are in the small percentage and I commend you.
    Your Actions speak so much louder than your words.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    The Danbury Baptist letter is hardly an authoritative reference about origination of rights. It's authoritative as to what they thought, but isn't much more than an advocacy statement.

As to the BOR being first, ever heard of the Magna Carta?
    Yep I've heard of it. And while it is true that the Magna Carta influenced the writing of the Bill of Rights, the Magna Carta still fell short in some key areas - most notably it failed to address the individual's inherent right to defend himself against his own government. In that respect the Bill of Rights still constitutes the most comprehensive recognition of human rights in history.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Kramer is a willing slave. He's a slave to tyrants, a slave to unconstitutional law, a slave to his stubborn intransigence to even attempt to understand what someone is actually saying, and he's a slave to a wholly bastardized re-writing of Romans 13 which was re-written by the powers that be so that society would continually produce fully-controlled, castrated sheep who follow without question, not God's Word, but the prince of all tyrants, Satan's.

The King James Version of the Bible, and every version that flows from it, was mistranslated* for the express purpose of establishing king and pope as the sovereigns over the hearts and minds of men. To think that a spiritual manual, The Bible, would include such blasphemous support for the notion that thought and actions must be inspired and controlled by men instead of by the Spirit of God Almighty displays the utter oxymoron that is modern acceptance of, "Law of the Land is obeyed because the Bible tells us to do so." Tyranny was prophesied, and we're seeing it come to fruition sho' 'nuff, but Romans 13 (or whatever other mistranslations* of verses concerning governments of man) was never intended to mandate submission by Christians to it, for when Satan's spiritual warfare is complete, man's law will dictate that Christianity itself is against the law, and Christians had better be steeled against that certainty rather than casually opining that The Bible commands our submission to man's law!

Beware the "New" this or that version of The Bible. Listen to the link I gave above and understand that there is only one reason to make it "new" or edit a single punctuation mark, word or sentence in it, and that is to deceive its readers for some nefarious, blasphemous purpose other than that of God's.

Blues

*Edited "written" and "bastardized re-writing" to "mistranslated" for clarity's sake.
    I am impressed! I would then guess that you strongly believe what Ben Franklin, when he was put on a committee with two others to come up with a "Great Seal" for our new government he put this phrase on it. "REBELLION TO TYRANTS IS OBEDIENCE TO GOD."
    Last edited by CapGun; 10-16-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: To correct quote
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Sooo, what are you guys at your range doing about this guy...? Nothing? Why?
    I'm not a Member, its their business. My business would be if I continue to use that range.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Wow, What a Stone thrower.
    If that is true based on what you quoted of my words, then I am a stone thrower at myself as much as "at" you or anyone else. In other words, I continually confront my own deficiencies in recognizing and understanding the Truth contained in The Bible which I believe with all my soul you have misinterpreted by saying, "Law of the Land is obeyed because the Bible tells us to do so."

While saying you're a "slave" of any description may sound pejorative in nature, it was not intended as such. Even saying that you are a "willing" slave was not intended as a pejorative. I mean that you refuse to hear anything that doesn't confirm or support your formerly resolved thoughts, whether those thoughts be about people (like this person for instance), laws, or who and what certain passages of Scripture are referring to. I was called a "stone thrower" by you before for simply trying to explain a very obvious misunderstanding you had/have about a person of whom I have personal knowledge that they don't fit the "negative" or "hopeless" traits and motivations for posting the way they do that you ascribe to them. You refused to accept my personal knowledge of that person as superior to your own misunderstandings of him, just as you refuse here to acquiesce to a single point being made about man's law (The Constitution in this case) while at the same time basing that refusal on what I strongly believe is a misreading of Scripture ("Law of the Land is obeyed because the Bible tells us to do so"). Or, if that sentence is based on Romans 13 as I suspect, it could just as easily be said that you understand perfectly the mistranslation or transliteration, instead of the translation of Romans 13 that we, as Christians, should strive to seek out.

If you accept and abide by a law simply because it has the imprimatur of being a law, regardless of its legality under The Constitution or its justness, then you are by definition a slave to that law.

If you accept and abide by a purposely deceitful, doctored and transliterated Chapter or set of verses of The Bible, and refuse to consider the scholarship and evidence that the words were indeed deceitful and doctored, then you are a slave to notions that derive from the men who transliterated them, and not an adherent of, or servant to, God's Word.

These are not concepts that are pejorative at all. It is our duty as Christians to witness the Truth, and to correct what may well be the purest intentions, but nonetheless mistaken, when we see it being misunderstood or misstated. And so with that in mind, I attempt to lead you once more to some study on Romans 13 specifically, but in a wider sense, to evidence that much of what is accepted as unassailable as the true word of God, the KJV and several derivations of it, is in fact, the product of a conspiracy of kings and popes to keep the True Word of God from being fully understood in the minds of men.

Governments - What does Romans 13 REALLY say?

The Great Ecclesiastical Conspiracy (written)

The Great Ecclesiastical Conspiracy (Audio-book format)

The Blue Letter Bible (To be used to verify what the audio and texts above say about words that were either transliterated, made up out of whole clothe, or don't even exist in either the Hebrew or Greek original writings that combined to make The Bible. There is a very good video on the Home Page on how to use the site, and it is an invaluable resource for anyone trying to understand God's Word.)

I'm not throwing stones, I'm offering study, scholarship and understanding of God's Word. It is up to anyone reading this whether or not to give it your due diligence. I highly recommend it, but I am aware that few will.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I am impressed! I would then guess that you strongly believe what Ben Franklin, when he was put on a committee with two others to come up with a "Great Seal" for our new government he put this phrase on it. "DEATH TO TYRANTS IS OBEDIENCE TO GOD."
    Not to intentionally equivocate, but yes and no. I have to work at not giving into the temptation to live life (and write posts) based on agenda-driven slogans, even if the agenda inherent in the slogan is one with which I agree. So in that regard, my answer is "no."

Likewise, I would have written that particular slogan just slightly differently. I would have lobbied for, "DEATH TO TYRANNY IS OBEDIENCE TO GOD." Obviously, I believe that there are times when man-caused death is justified, but wishing for another human being's death before the act that justifies it even happens is malice aforethought, and I don't consider that a Christian way of thinking.

On the other side of the coin though, a true tyrant's inherent mindset is one in which the thought of "abdicating the throne" would never pass. If "killing" tyranny is obedience to God, then one might imagine that the tyrants who refuse to abdicate their positions of ungodly tyranny will necessarily die in the process of freeing the civil society to turn back towards God.

It probably sounds like I'm WAY over-thinking it, but like I said, I'm not a sloganeer for one thing, and as my two previous posts might suggest, I try as hard as I humanly can to seek out the whole Truth and live by it. So best I can say is yes and no. That's not to say that I think Franklin was wrong for coming up with a slogan to put on the seal, just that I don't fully sign onto the wording of it.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The Long and the short.

I will NEVER support further Federal Gun Control. (We have the perfect amount of infringement...)
    I would Like to see Florida's Open Carry Law Changed to Allow Open Carry.(State infringement is unconstitutional, based on the 10th Amendment, I agree)
    I Will support SOME loosening of the Federal Gun Control laws.(So maybe there is just a bit much infringement...)

I am fine with what is currently the laws because with very little restriction ($5.00 background check & needing a permit to carry) I buy and use the firearms I want. (If they affect other Americans, that's OK, as long as I'm good)
    I have 5 children and 5 grand children, I work a full time job and to be completely honest I have more than enough to do. I'm not going to get out there and hold rally's and round up the troops to change the Federal Gun laws.
    Because I'm not willing to spend my time to do so I support USA Carry, NRA, and my local political officers who are gun friendly. I have a current and on going relationship with my member of Congress. Richard Nugent is an Excellent Congressman, a former Sheriff, and has our backs on Gun Ownership. If I'm not mistaken, you have 2 members of Congress. Who is the other, are your views supported, and if not do they know of your displeasure or are you good batting .500? If all you do about a Law you are unhappy about is write on a Forum, then you are not doing anything worth a darn for your cause.
    IF you do invest your time and treasure then you are in the small percentage and I commend you.
    I just got off the phone with both of my Senators offices this afternoon. One was thanked for sticking by his guns vs the Dems and RINO's, the other was informed that he'd better start preparing for retirement and making the rounds on the professional public speech circuit in 2014 because me and all my friends were going to see his a$$ ridden out on a rail.
    Chief

The Long and the short.

I will NEVER support further Federal Gun Control.
    I would Like to see Florida's Open Carry Law Changed to Allow Open Carry.
    I Will support SOME loosening of the Federal Gun Control laws.

I am fine with what is currently the laws because with very little restriction ($5.00 background check & needing a permit to carry) I buy and use the firearms I want.
    Because I'm not willing to spend my time to do so I support USA Carry, NRA, and my local political officers who are gun friendly. I have a current and on going relationship with my member of Congress. Richard Nugent is an Excellent Congressman, a former Sheriff, and has our backs on Gun Ownership.
    If all you do about a Law you are unhappy about is write on a Forum, then you are not doing anything worth a darn for your cause. IF you do invest your time and treasure then you are in the small percentage and I commend you.
    What if discussing and sharing ideas and beliefs on an internet forum changes minds or at least makes people re-think their particular position on a subject? What if writing on a forum, expressing your beliefs helps others realize they are not so odd in their thinking and thus encouraging them to speak out in other places/ways... spreading the idea further.

Would that be "worth a darn for your cause"? I think so... for the only effective manner in which to change a politcal course isn't just giving money to be spread to lobbyists organizations, nor is it "voting the bums out"... neither one of these two things has seemed to do a damned bit of good. I don't contribute to campaigns, nor politicians and I don't vote the status quo. Political revolution doesn't come from within the already corrupt system, nor does meaningful change. It only comes from a sociatal shift... against the system, mind you. Ideas are far more useful and potentially dangerous political tools than fiat money, money that's created by and eventually returned to the same corrupt system that created it.

The system owns you, you don't own it... not anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I just got off the phone with both of my Senators offices this afternoon. One was thanked for sticking by his guns vs the Dems and RINO's, the other was informed that he'd better start preparing for retirement and making the rounds on the professional public speech circuit in 2014 because me and all my friends were going to see his a$$ ridden out on a rail.
    If I were a Baseball player and batting 500 who would B!tch? Yes, Batting 500 The other is a Dem.

If others are More Infringed upon - that is their State. If that is the case its time to get up and get busy or shut the He!! Up.

For anyone who has NOT taken the time to read the federal laws... You may want to know where the Federal line ends and the State Laws begin.

I also agree, State Laws should be, if they are not, Unconstitutional. This is why I always refer to the Federal Gun Laws... I do however obey the State Laws as well. I'm to old for jail.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    What if discussing and sharing ideas and beliefs on an internet forum changes minds or at least makes people re-think their particular position on a subject? What if writing on a forum, expressing your beliefs helps others realize they are not so odd in their thinking and thus encouraging them to speak out in other places/ways... spreading the idea further.

Would that be "worth a darn for your cause"? I think so... for the only effective manner in which to change a politcal course isn't just giving money to be spread to lobbyists organizations, nor is it "voting the bums out"... neither one of these two things has seemed to do a damned bit of good. I don't contribute to campaigns, nor politicians and I don't vote the status quo. Political revolution doesn't come from within the already corrupt system, nor does meaningful change. It only comes from a sociatal shift... against the system, mind you. Ideas are far more useful and potentially dangerous political tools than fiat money, money that's created by and eventually returned to the same corrupt system that created it.

The system owns you, you don't own it... not anymore.
    What if Pig could fly?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast