Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • None,the 2nd A,shall not be infringed,rules

63 77.78%
  • Yes,there must be some restrictions

17 20.99%
  • Undecided

1 1.23%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

1. Do You Support ANY Gun Control Laws?

Should there be speech control or control on the 5th amendment since the dictators of congress they have the right to pass gun control? All these laws are for is to control people. War might have made me a "crazy" vet but than again Vietnam made my dad crazy I guess but at least we love the US Constitution to know that it's the only thing between freedom and being controlled or detained without cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    The Mentally Ill cannot be allowed to own firearms. And who is going to define who the "mentally ill" are. Are we going to force doctors to release medical records to enforce this?
    Convicted Felons should not be permitted to own firearms. If they are still a danger to society why are they allowed to roam in society? If they are that much of a danger, they should not be allowed out of prison, or they should have had capital punsihment
    If someone raped and beat your sister or your mother, upon their release from prison you really want them to be able to purchase a firearm? Not me. Again, you make an emotional response. The real question should be, "who let a rapist our of prison in the first place?"
    And... I don't want my 11 year old to be able to purchase a firearm. Then YOU, not the government, should keep him from doing so. The government should never be allowed to parent our children.

Gun control never stopped a gun crime. What it does is provide you, me, and the NRA with the statistics that Legal Gun Owners do not commit Gun crimes. We agree, so there should be no gun control.... oops, except some legal gun owners have committed crimes. But read my next two sentences.

I deleted all of your statistics about crime since you didn't cite one source. I will not be privy to disseminate information that I haven't had verified. Also, the 2nd Amendment is NOT, I repeat NOT about crime. It is about the right of the people to keep and bear arms for the protection of the land, even if that is protection from our own government.

We, The Gun community know there really is no gun control. I buy everything I want when I can afford it. You might... but not all can. There have been levied high taxes, and burdensome loopholes in order to gain the privilege to carry that are beyond some people's financial reach. Tell me that in NYC, Washington DC, Chicago, that those people have the means to buy whatever they want. Tell the citizenry of NY that they can get a 15 round magazine. You sir, cannot see how if it happens there, it can happen anywhere. Big deal, a $5.00 fee.
    We need the stats on our side or the Liberals will lie and lie, and lie as they always do, and all those Obama Phone toting liberals will really impact what we do.

No Mentally Ill Can't define it properly and cannot enforce it without violating a patient's right to privacy
    No Felons If they are still a danger, why are they "free"?
    No Kids The family should have this jurisdiction, not the government. The Constitution is to limit government, not regulate behavior of the family or the people.
    My responses to your load of bull is in red.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    My responses to your load of bull is in red.
    Just to add... If someone's so mentally ill as to be a danger to society, they're probably stuck in a mental care facility somewhere. If they aren't competent, their family has to take care of them and it is the family's responsibility to control their access to guns.

Sure, there are plenty of very intelligent sociopaths out there, but they are either too smart to go around committing crime, or they're smart enough to get a weapon even with restrictions. The "Dexters" out there blend well enough with society that there is no way to regulate gun control in any fairness.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

A guy I used to work with about 10 years ago served time in prison (3 or 4 years I believe) after killing a man in what was determined to be a self-defense killing. Why did my co-worker serve time, despite the killing being in self defense, you ask? Because he was a convicted felon, and under federal law, it is illegal for convicted felons to possess firearms. Never mind that my co worker's life was in jeopardy (as determined by a jury of his peers) and that he is alive because of what he did, he used a gun to do it, and because he's a felon, that's bad. If that isn't a perverted form of "justice," I don't know what is.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Who the hell clicked "yes".

Update: Now there's five people who are in favor of gun control laws. Who allowed them into the forum. I demand a recount!!!

Update 2: Dammit, now there are 6. Why are the libtards growing on this site?
    Here are the now seven "Yes" voters:

A couple of them surprise me, but the other five don't at all. I'm sure there will be more, unless knowing that their votes are open to public view makes them not vote at all.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The only one is if your s felon and was convicted of a violent crime....that's it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    • One who has spent most of their adult life in a prison as a result of repeated crimes
    • Habitual offender. It's not what they do anymore, it's who they are.

• It all begins with ECONOMICS:

Many times they feel that they cannot get a legitimate job because of their past record so they resort to crime to meet they financial means. (housing, food, shelter, drug habit expenses...). They feel that no one cares about them and that begins with childhood. Many times they were abandoned or abused and in many times the parent was killed, missing, using drugs or flat out were not even around as they were growing up as a child. When that is established, especially when you are young, that mentality becomes hardened over the years, they have many days that they go hungry and they feel that they must do what ever it takes to eat. As the felony arrest grow, the more they get use to it. They become desensitized to the possibility of arrest and they become more and more violent.

(Not really directed at you Clownfish- But, at those who seem to think more laws could help in anyway.)

We already have laws against criminals (convicted felons) from legally owning & possessing firearms. Please tell me how any more laws will help when the laws we already have in place have done NOTHING but make it more difficult for decent law abiding citizens to protect themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    If you cannot be trusted out in society, you should not be allowed out of prison......
    Plus 1

I would also add- if the judicial systems deems an individual worthy enough to walk around free and interact in society, then that individual should have the same right to protect themselves as everyone else.

-
    -
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    This poll is really meaningless because of its use of the extremely broad (and emotionally charged) label, "gun control." That can include anything from mild and insignificant paperwork fixes to gun registration to limits or bans on purchase/possession/ownership. The only thing I support is a mechanism to afford additional scrutiny (a closer look, not a ban) of people with a history of mental institutionalizations not pursuant to court order. This is one of those areas where we could and should have a dialogue about better defining the balancing of public safety and gun rights. Demonizing those with different views from those held by the majority doesn't serve any useful purpose other than to identify those who respond emotionally rather than intelligently.
    It's funny that those you refer to as responding emotionally try to evoke those same emotions by trying to call those out that don't agree with them. There have been huge strides in the last few months in protecting our rights that are a direct result of anti gun radicals being very vocal in pushing their agenda. It has pushed a lot of people off the fence and into buying their first gun or getting a permit. What makes people think that being the most vocal and the most radical won't push people the other way?

This poll is even more worthless than the constant OC vs CC bickering.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Those that want to take away arms from criminals, define criminal.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    Convicted of a Felony. It will not stop them from getting a gun if they really want to, but it gives Law Enforcement more violations to convict them of if they decide to go back to a life of crime.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    The only one is if your s felon and was convicted of a violent crime....that's it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app
    Then you are for gun control.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast