Ruger lcp 380 problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger lcp 380 problems

Recommend always reading owners manual no matter what gun you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Good point, and excellent reason to rent before you buy... Though unfortunately that's not always an option. I bet they don't list "slide does not lock back" on the description!
    Every review I've ever read does though. I've been wanting a small .380 as a back up duty weapon and the LCP is in my sights. One of the reasons I have yet to get it is the slide lock not locking back that I have read about in my research of the firearm.

Also, it would be in the manual that comes with the firearm.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Every review I've ever read does though. I've been wanting a small .380 as a back up duty weapon and the LCP is in my sights. One of the reasons I have yet to get it is the slide lock not locking back that I have read about in my research of the firearm.

Ahhh... Haven't read any reviews myself since I haven't been looking for one.

Just been thinking though... since so many manuals are available online, why not download and read it before we buy? I'll probably do that before my next purchase.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

I like my LCP pretty well. But I don't have a lot to compare it with. I've probably only shot half a dozen pistols in my life. It's about the easiest gun to conceal and they say it's very reliable. I DO wish it would lock back after the last shot though.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Try the Kahr p380. Very well made and the slide locks back after last round. It is a bit more$$$$ then the LCP. If you decide to get it I think you can get with night sights, A good choice. It also takes the Crimson Laserguaed.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

I bought the Taurus TCP over the LCP.
    The TCP has a loaded chamber indicator, built in locking mech and locks back on the last round.
    Crappy little nub sights but balls on accurate!

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Try the Kahr p380. Very well made and the slide locks back after last round. It is a bit more$$$$ then the LCP. If you decide to get it I think you can get with night sights, A good choice. It also takes the Crimson Laserguaed.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just can't stand the feel of the Kahr. It's a personal thing. I like the feel of the Taurus but it's a lot bulkier then either of the other two. Actually, my only complaint about the LCP is the slide lock. I like the feel, I like the way it shoots, I like its small size.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Have the TCP as well and specifically bought it because of the last round lock back. I know some folks report Taurus guns having issues - a friend with a TCP has had some - but mine has been flawless for three years. I believe part of the answer is to realize that these small guns can't take weekly trips of 100-200 rounds per trip.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

The only issue I've had with my LCP is mag related. The extra mag I bought wouldn't lock in place when fully charged. I took it apart and turned the spring around. (Problem solved!)

I don't like that the slide doesn't lock either. But, that's about all I don't like about my little LCP.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Sounds like you failed to do your homework. If this is the kind of effort that you have put into selecting a firearm for your wife, then I can only imagine the deficiencies that exist in the other aspects of her CCW.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast