Ruger lcp 380 problems - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Ruger lcp 380 problems

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    Sounds like you failed to do your homework. If this is the kind of effort that you have put into selecting a firearm for your wife, then I can only imagine the deficiencies that exist in the other aspects of her CCW.
    Rich kid I can only imagine the deficiencies you have in your personal life

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster04 View Post
    Rich kid I can only imagine the deficiencies you have in your personal life
    Carrying a weapon is serious business you need to treat it accordingly. Imagine all you want, I am fully versed in the functioning of the weapons that I own and carry.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    Carrying a weapon is serious business you need to treat it accordingly. Imagine all you want, I am fully versed in the functioning of the weapons that I own and carry.
    Fully versed heh? How many parts are in your G17? What size punch is needed to take out the pins in your G17? How many pins do you need to knock out to break it down? What order should you punch the pins to correctly disassemble your G17? How do you tell when the trigger bar needs to be replaced to prevent slam fire? What is the replacement time frame for the springs in the G17? How many springs are in G17? What recalls for which generations have occurred for the G17?

    Now you can most likely look theses answers up on the Internet and feed them back to us. However, my point is most people who own a Glock, like you have said you do, could not answer any of these questions that an actually fully versed person could. And many of these people are safe and proficient with their firearm.

    Not everyone knows everything about every firearm they own. This guy asked because he wants to be versed in this firearm. I applaud him for asking. You admonish him for asking. There is the difference between some people on these threads. Some are helpful, some ... aren't.


    Before you go on your rant of you thought I had you on ignore. I still do. However, Buster04 quoted you. Therefore, I saw the garbage you are still peddling.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  5. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Fully versed heh? How many parts are in your G17? What size punch is needed to take out the pins in your G17? How many pins do you need to knock out to break it down? What order should you punch the pins to correctly disassemble your G17? How do you tell when the trigger bar needs to be replaced to prevent slam fire? What is the replacement time frame for the springs in the G17? How many springs are in G17? What recalls for which generations have occurred for the G17?

    Now you can most likely look theses answers up on the Internet and feed them back to us. However, my point is most people who own a Glock, like you have said you do, could not answer any of these questions that an actually fully versed person could. And many of these people are safe and proficient with their firearm.

    Not everyone knows everything about every firearm they own. This guy asked because he wants to be versed in this firearm. I applaud him for asking. You admonish him for asking. There is the difference between some people on these threads. Some are helpful, some ... aren't.


    Before you go on your rant of you thought I had you on ignore. I still do. However, Buster04 quoted you. Therefore, I saw the garbage you are still peddling.
    Put me on ignore too! Jesus you're an ass!

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by DudeRick View Post
    Put me on ignore too! Jesus you're an ass!
    I appreciate your opinion, but read the history of what Rich Kid did in responding to the original poster who was asking a legitimate question on how the LCP worked:

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster04 View Post
    Bought my wife the Ruger LCP 380 and took her to the range today every time the last round is fired the slide always goes forward and doesn't lock back is this normal with this gun as I own two other Rugers and the slide always locks back after the last round has fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    Sounds like you failed to do your homework. If this is the kind of effort that you have put into selecting a firearm for your wife, then I can only imagine the deficiencies that exist in the other aspects of her CCW.
    This is RichKid's first response to the OP's legitimate question of if the LCP had a slide back feature.

    Taking that into context... if you still think I'm an ass for burying RichKid for treating a new first poster to the forum this way, then so be it. However, you may want to look over the posts I have given in my history here and compare them to the posts RichKid has given here. When you have gone through them, you may have a different outlook on who is the ass. Since you are relatively new to the forums you may not know that RichKid already has a history of being a provocateur. I have him on ignore for this reason, however, when someone quotes him in the thread, then I can see his garbage. I was rather incensed that he would treat a new forum member with a legitimate question in this way. I put him in his place. Again, you say ass.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    51
    "Real men don't need instructions" Hank Hill
    Neither does rich kid apparently
    "A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
    "Never fight an old man, if he can't fight you he'll just shoot you"

  8. #27
    My wife and I each carry TCPs as bugs, tried the LCP as stated no lockback and noticeably more felt recoil on the LCP, and even after many rds fired the LCP still had issues
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    My wife and I each carry TCPs, as bugs tried the LCP as stated no lockback and noticeably more felt recoil on the LCP, and even after many rds fired the LCP still had issues
    I went with a heavier Wolf spring, polished the feed ramp (as I do on all pistols) and added a houge grip. It's easy to shoot and goes bang every time.


    Go Seahawks!

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    I went with a heavier Wolf spring, polished the feed ramp (as I do on all pistols) and added a houge grip. It's easy to shoot and goes bang every time.


    Go Seahawks!
    Only problem I have ever had was I use the little Taurus as a 24/7 pocket gun and every now and then when at the range I will shoot it and on the first shot it will blow a ball of fire out, its from the lint in my pocket LOL
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Good point, and excellent reason to rent before you buy... Though unfortunately that's not always an option. I bet they don't list "slide does not lock back" on the description!
    Actually I found this out before I bought my .380, and it was one of a couple reasons why I didn't go with the LCP. It might be on the description (note, someone posted it is in the manual), but usually there's enough preliminary reviews before one is released to learn that.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast