Ruger lcp 380 problems - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Ruger lcp 380 problems

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just can't stand the feel of the Kahr. It's a personal thing.
    Glad to know it's not just me. Wanted to like the Kahr, but just didn't like the feel. Love my TCP though. The extra 1/2 finger grip I get on it, was another reason why I chose it over an LCP.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Fully versed heh? How many parts are in your G17? What size punch is needed to take out the pins in your G17? How many pins do you need to knock out to break it down? What order should you punch the pins to correctly disassemble your G17? How do you tell when the trigger bar needs to be replaced to prevent slam fire? What is the replacement time frame for the springs in the G17? How many springs are in G17? What recalls for which generations have occurred for the G17?

    Now you can most likely look theses answers up on the Internet and feed them back to us. However, my point is most people who own a Glock, like you have said you do, could not answer any of these questions that an actually fully versed person could. And many of these people are safe and proficient with their firearm.

    Not everyone knows everything about every firearm they own. This guy asked because he wants to be versed in this firearm. I applaud him for asking. You admonish him for asking. There is the difference between some people on these threads. Some are helpful, some ... aren't.


    Before you go on your rant of you thought I had you on ignore. I still do. However, Buster04 quoted you. Therefore, I saw the garbage you are still peddling.
    Sorry to disappoint you Wolfie but I do know my way around the innards of my glock. Now as for my original statement, that it is irresponsible not too know your weapon or the one you buy for your wife, I certainly stand behind it. The lack of knowledge could cause the owner of this fine weapon to believe that there was a round in the chamber when in fact there was not. Carrying a weapon is serious business and needs to be addressed as such.

    I did not admonish him for asking a question. I did admonish him for shooting and carrying a weapon without basic essential knowledge. I have always believed that there are no stupid questions although there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

    Now as for your understanding of the word "ignore", its more than just a button on your computer. As long as you lack the discipline and self-control to keep yourself from responding to my posts, I will continue to play you like a cheap guitar.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you Wolfie but I do know my way around the innards of my glock. Now as for my original statement, that it is irresponsible not too know your weapon or the one you buy for your wife, I certainly stand behind it. The lack of knowledge could cause the owner of this fine weapon to believe that there was a round in the chamber when in fact there was not. If one thought there was still a round in the chamber, then someone would be much safer with that handgun. Or, and this is a novel though, one could keep track of the 7 rounds that one fired.Carrying a weapon is serious business and needs to be addressed as such. I agree, which is why we should be helpful when a fellow gun owner asks a specific question about his/her firearm.

    I did not admonish him for asking a question. I did admonish him for shooting and carrying a weapon without basic essential knowledge. Interesting, you cannot keep your facts straight. This wasn't his gun, it was his wife's. You scolded him for not doing his homework and then made a derogatory comment about the deficiencies in his wife's training because of it.I have always believed that there are no stupid questions although there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

    Now as for your understanding of the word "ignore", its more than just a button on your computer. As long as you lack the discipline and self-control to keep yourself from responding to my posts, I will continue to play you like a cheap guitar.
    I'm not sure how you are "playing me like a cheap guitar" when the real point of my post you completely ignored was this:

    "Now you can most likely look these answers up on the Internet and feed them back to us. However, my point is most people who own a Glock, like you have said you do, could not answer any of these questions that an actually fully versed person could. And many of these people are safe and proficient with their firearm."

    See the underlined section, this is where my point starts. You did not address that. One does not need to be "fully versed". Also, one should seek answers to questions they have about their firearms. One can easily be proficient with an LCP and still inquire about why the slide doesn't lock back. You instead scold him and you don't answer his question. If one truly thinks that someone should be versed in the firearms they carry, maybe you should be helpful and answer his question rather than what you did, scold him "for not doing his homework." What do you think he was trying to do? In case you can't answer that question, the answer is "his homework". The more someone learns about the firearms they own, the more versed they become. Continual homework about them is a good thing, not something to be scolded.

    I do understand the word ignore, however the "ignore button" on this site just allows me to have most of your posts out of my line of sight. When one does flash into my field of vision I do have the option to respond to it, as I did, or not, as I didn't.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I appreciate your opinion, but read the history of what Rich Kid did in responding to the original poster who was asking a legitimate question on how the LCP worked:

    Taking that into context... if you still think I'm an ass for burying RichKid for treating a new first poster to the forum this way, then so be it. However, you may want to look over the posts I have given in my history here and compare them to the posts RichKid has given here. When you have gone through them, you may have a different outlook on who is the ass. Since you are relatively new to the forums you may not know that RichKid already has a history of being a provocateur. I have him on ignore for this reason, however, when someone quotes him in the thread, then I can see his garbage. I was rather incensed that he would treat a new forum member with a legitimate question in this way. I put him in his place. Again, you say ass.
    Gawwd wolf fire, you're such an asss! =P

    The people that come and go from this forum crack me up. Can't even remember the name of that last guy that just got banned after making over 1,000 posts (of pure mall ninja garbage) in under two weeks.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NE Kansas
    Posts
    33
    Do the Walthers, PPK & PPK/S slides lock back after the last round? I haven't researched them, but several friends carry them as backup guns.

  7. #36
    This is a common complaint about the Ruger LCP. Most people are not aware that the slide does not lock open after the last shot has been fired when they purchase this handgun. Other than the slide not locking after the magazine is empty most people like the LCP. If you are many people who don't carry an extra magazine in the first place you need to be aware of how much ammunition you use and how much you have left, if you do have an extra magazine you need to think about when you will need it, and how and when you are going to get it if you need it.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Gawwd wolf fire, you're such an asss! =P

    The people that come and go from this forum crack me up. Can't even remember the name of that last guy that just got banned after making over 1,000 posts (of pure mall ninja garbage) in under two weeks.
    I am jcreek... thanks for noticing.

    And he was called, "thru"
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  9. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I am jcreek... thanks for noticing.

    And he was called, "thru"
    You are an ass though...

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by DudeRick View Post
    You are an ass though...
    And you are more than welcome to your opinion about me and since you've been on this forum for only a couple of months and since you have participated with giving 14 posts I'm going to take your opinion about me with a grain of salt.

    You may want to see the breadth of my researched arguments, relevant responses, and helpful advice that I have had throughout this forum than to take one post that you read of mine in response to a known troll and form a quick opinion about me. I believe I already suggested you go through my posts and do this once. Apparently you haven't.

    However, you may not want to do that and you find it is just easier to remain ignorant about who I am and just consider me an ass. Either way, I really don't care since you have provided absolutely no substance to the posts you have given in our forums. Of your 14 posts, you have called me an ass twice and called me confusing once and never responded to my re-posting to make it more clear to you. Of your other posts they were small, short sentenced opinions with no substance.

    I welcome you and encourage you to actually partake in these forums as I do with all new members unless they show demonstrably that they are just a troll, but as of yet, I have not seen that you have the desire to do so. Time will tell, before I form an opinion about you. You see, it takes me awhile to get to know someone before I label them. You on the other hand after reading only one of my over 2000 posts labeled me an ass and continue to do so.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast