Ruger lcp 380 problems
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger lcp 380 problems

Ruger lcp 380 problems

Bought my wife the Ruger LCP 380 and took her to the range today every time the last round is fired the slide always goes forward and doesn't lock back is this normal with this gun as I own two other Rugers and the slide always locks back after the last round has fired.

Normal, slide does not lock after last round.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster04 View Post
    Bought my wife the Ruger LCP 380 and took her to the range today every time the last round is fired the slide always goes forward and doesn't lock back is this normal with this gun as I own two other Rugers and the slide always locks back after the last round has fired.
    It can be manually locked back with the slide lock, but it does not automatically lock back upon firing the last round.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Ruger lcp 380 problems

I have a LCP. They are correct. It's normal. It doesn't lock back. She's good to go if she can count to 7 :-) The Kahr P380 locks after last round.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Since you didn't know the slide doesn't lock back after the last shot with the LCP, have you taken the time to check all of the guns functions ?
    Summer hobby is boating on the Bay and Lake Michigan.
    Winter hobby is driving that Jeep off the sides of mountains.

For future reference, recommend that you check reviews on YouTube before purchasing any handgun or rifle. There are some people like Hickok45 who do great reviews and demonstrations on a lot of firearms. It will help you understand what you are getting before you buy something. Just a suggestion...

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

On the good side, My LCP has never failed to fire.
    Very reliable pistol. Hits hard in the hand though, isn't a gun you want to shoot all afternoon at targets.
    Summer hobby is boating on the Bay and Lake Michigan.
    Winter hobby is driving that Jeep off the sides of mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Boater View Post
    Since you didn't know the slide doesn't lock back after the last shot with the LCP, have you taken the time to check all of the guns functions ?
    Good point, and excellent reason to rent before you buy... Though unfortunately that's not always an option. I bet they don't list "slide does not lock back" on the description!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Just some more info on the LCP. It is a very accurate little gun. I have a CrimsonTrace Laserguard on it. My next statement is not to say that the laser makes you a better shooter but I had good groupings at 50' with it, slow fire. Now that doesn't mean that this gun should be used at 50' for self defense for all the obvious, logical and legal reasons! It just means I have found it to be accurate and consistent.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Page 10 of the owners manual says:

Note: when the last shot has been fired and the magazine is empty, the hold
    open does not automatically hold the slide open.

If you don't have an manual you can download one online at http://www.ruger.com/products/_manuals/lcp.pdf . Good practice to always READ the manual before firing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast