Open Carry vs Concealed Carry - a comprehensive response - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open Carry vs Concealed Carry - a comprehensive response

1. Just because police will arrest you for something does not make that action illegal.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    The only problem I have with OC, is that it is illegal in Northwest AR, with other parts of the state enlightened, that allow it,
    I moved from Washington DC to Idaho 3 years ago and found that there was no statewide gun organization. In 2011 I founded Idaho Open Carry and in 2012 I founded Idaho Carry Open and & Concealed. Our focus is educating the public and winning the fence sitters to our side before the anti-gunners do. We have 5 new pieces of pro-gun legislation we will be promoting in 2014 and we will try defeating any legislators who don't agree with our agenda of promoting true liberty under the 2nd Amendment.

I would suggest that you or someone with the finances (it doesn't take much) to start Arkansas Open & Concealed Carry. 2014 will be the year of the gun and the 2nd Amendment and we can turn this country around. One major issue that needs to be contended with is that there are many who support the 2nd Amendment but they start sounding like anti-gunners when it comes to Open Carry. We must persuade them not to eat their own and if they don't support Open Carry, just keep their mouths shut and don't torpedo our effort to defeat the anti-gunners. This is our banner, our motto, "Open Carry is the bold, beautiful face of the 2nd Amendment."

Don’t trade barbs with NRA members who oppose Open Carry, just equate them to the Brady Campaign bunch and ignore them.

4. Quote Originally Posted by IOC View Post
    I moved from Washington DC to Idaho 3 years ago and found that there was no statewide gun organization. In 2011 I founded Idaho Open Carry and in 2012 I founded Idaho Carry Open and & Concealed. Our focus is educating the public and winning the fence sitters to our side before the anti-gunners do. We have 5 new pieces of pro-gun legislation we will be promoting in 2014 and we will try defeating any legislators who don't agree with our agenda of promoting true liberty under the 2nd Amendment.

I would suggest that you or someone with the finances (it doesn't take much) to start Arkansas Open & Concealed Carry. 2014 will be the year of the gun and the 2nd Amendment and we can turn this country around. One major issue that needs to be contended with is that there are many who support the 2nd Amendment but they start sounding like anti-gunners when it comes to Open Carry. We must persuade them not to eat their own and if they don't support Open Carry, just keep their mouths shut and don't torpedo our effort to defeat the anti-gunners. This is our banner, our motto, "Open Carry is the bold, beautiful face of the 2nd Amendment."

Don’t trade barbs with NRA members who oppose Open Carry, just equate them to the Brady Campaign bunch and ignore them.
    We have a statewide organization called arkansascarry.com of which I'm a member. They are in the thick of the OC debacle, and are trying desperately to win support from all over the state. We have a somewhat vague journey clause that appears to support the open carry requirement, but legislators, and law enforcement, depending at what level you happen to consult, are yea, or nay.

It's going to take arrests and challenges to set precedent and case law, finally putting to rest the ambiguity and confusion at all levels of law enforcement and legislators. Presently, it is a convoluted bag of "we're going to arrest you, we're not going to arrest you" depending on your locale.

A bill addressing open carry specifically was defeated, some time ago in Arkansas, so law enforcement are rattling sabres with this new clause, especially the ASP. Our own sheriff in Benton County has made public his assessment that it doesn't allow open carry (jail door slams shut on OC,er). Our state's Attorney General has said it is not open carry (don't get me started about our AG).

I'm not testing the waters, only to lose my permit and rights. Go to the arkansascarry.com website. They recently had an open carry march sanctioned by the police there, so we have sympathizers within the LEO community. The Arkansas State Police were there, and they didn't arrest anyone, so that was a successful march.

We need to rally everyone across the state, but here in Northwest Arkansas, we have no precedent. Only threats of arrest.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

5. We created a website 2ndAmendment2014.com, to identify the friends and foes among our state elected officials. We found that the NRA questions are too general and don't nail down the candidates on the most important issues. Once we have the questions for our state legislators and candidates completed, we will post them for those of you who want to do something similar in your state. We may even modify our site to make it something that other states could join in on. I will keep you posted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123