Where is the line drawn between what is considered self defense vs murder? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is the line drawn between what is considered self defense vs murder?

the great majority of the time, just pointing a gun at the attacker suffices to stop him. About half the time when just the sight of the gun fails to stop them, shots fired that MISS them suffice to run them off, too. :-) If you saved your son and yourself, THEN you worry about the legal side of it. First you have to stop the attack. Success at that goal is NOT a given outcome, you know. People fail at it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    the great majority of the time, just pointing a gun at the attacker suffices to stop him. About half the time when just the sight of the gun fails to stop them, shots fired that MISS them suffice to run them off, too. :-) If you saved your son and yourself, THEN you worry about the legal side of it. First you have to stop the attack. Success at that goal is NOT a given outcome, you know. People fail at it all the time.
    If you pull it out you better be willing to go all the way. You sure as hell better make your first shot count.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

of course you have to be WILLING/ABLE, but a helluva lot of the time, the sight of your gun, or misses, suffice, and you're WAY ahead of that is the case. as in 10's of thousands of $ ahead and a year of hassle/panic/harrassment ahead. amazing how many people cant even READ. NEVER have I said that you shouldn't be READY to kill. But it's VERY common to not have to do more than point the gun. there are many cases of such, posted right here on this forum. All this "if I draw, I'll fire" is stupid blustering.

5. Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    All this "if I draw, I'll fire" is stupid blustering.
    Says the troll who posted all this crap:
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...-students.html

You should easily recognize stupid blustering, you are certainly the most current expert on it presently on this forum.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

yeah, if youd been the one I shot over, you'd THINK bluster, because the next rds were going thru their chests, and they knew it. They got ONE chance to save their own lives, and they took it.

Every state law being different, it really depends. My state has Stand Your Ground and the Castle Doctrine where I do Not have to retreat if I feel my life is in danger pending I have the legal right to be in the area. Rape, Life or Limb and Death are ways I can defend myself, however, it does not mean I can use lethal force to protect property which is not inside an enclosed structure, [car parked in driveway etc] however, if I approach the said car jacker in my driveway and he approaches me and I feel my life is in danger, I can respond with lethal force. Your state may not allow any of those situations and your state may require you to retreat if necessary. So, again, it varies. You can typically find the laws printed somewhere on the internet usually your state website and find the correct browser.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    yeah, if youd been the one I shot over, you'd THINK bluster, because the next rds were going thru their chests, and they knew it. They got ONE chance to save their own lives, and they took it.
    Very compassionate of you.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123