Is America and our rights like the 2nd Amendment savable?

Thread: Is America and our rights like the 2nd Amendment savable?

Is America and our rights like the 2nd Amendment savable?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about this but is our constitution and America even savable? We are trillions in debt and further each and every day. If it is When do you think we will we see a change in the way our Government is being ran into the ground? I am so sick of seeing how our "Leaders" only want to profit for themselves and not to make this country better.

I know this is extremely controversial so PLEASE try to keep a level head when responding.

I do not think the citizens of America have any power left to change our government. We know we can't vote to change anything, the politicians will do whatever they want to do anyway, regardless of public opinion, and then exempt themselves from their own laws. (If Obamacare is such a good thing, why did Congress exempt themselves from it?) We can't overthrow the government by force because the government has amassed far superior firepower to anything the citizen can have. I think in the next century we will see the Federal government collapse on it's own - just exactly like the government of the USSR did.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I do not think the citizens of America have any power left to change our government. We know we can't vote to change anything, the politicians will do whatever they want to do anyway, regardless of public opinion, and then exempt themselves from their own laws. (If Obamacare is such a good thing, why did Congress exempt themselves from it?) We can't overthrow the government by force because the government has amassed far superior firepower to anything the citizen can have. I think in the next century we will see the Federal government collapse on it's own - just exactly like the government of the USSR did.
    I am 100% with you on that. Unfortunately we will have to see our children and grandchildren suffer from it. That is not going to be a fun time for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    I am 100% with you on that. Unfortunately we will have to see our children and grandchildren suffer from it. That is not going to be a fun time for anyone.
    Our youngest grand children might be far better off without our current federal government in place.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

All depends on if you believe the word of God or man. knowing that "Man's Wisdom Is Foolishness To God" I choose to believe God. Therefore, the answer is no, nothing about America is savable. Knowing also that Christ made it perfectly clear that the re-birth of Israel (1948) would mark the beginning of this Last Generation, it's comforting to know that there won't be any future generation for any children or grandchildren to have to suffer.

"The Further A Society Drifts From The Truth The More It Will Hate Those Who Speak It".
    ~ George Orwell ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Savable? Well... yes. However, that would require The People to pull their heads out of their @sses, realize they've been had and are slaves to the elitist machines, come together on as one massive and uncompromising force and either through non-violence or extreme violence... take back their Liberty.

The key to this happening? The gov't is useless without the enforcement arms, police and military. We have to reach out to them and let them know that the people are fully behind them when/if they take their oath seriously and refuse to oppress the people. Everyone must be educated about our government's massive over reach of powers and the clever mechanisms it uses to control the people (see: nosreme). The People have to connect with the police and military to remind them what their oaths actually mean and who the real enemy of that oath is. If there is no enforcement arm, if there's more uniforms standing on the opposite sides of the barricades... how is the gov't going to enslave We The People? The process of revelation and revolution is slow, like molasses. Patience is a virtue, time may seem to be our enemy for every year that passes is another in that we lose Liberty... but, time is also what we need right now. We need time to change society, to gather the support of The People... without The People behind us, all would be lost anyway.

I challenge you today, to take responsibility for the country in which we have either passively or actively (perhaps w/o knowing) assisted in its oppression of The People and to realize that if you don't start the process of changing it... it will never get started. The fight can be had and the fight can be won... I caution though, when it starts the bullets will go both ways and people will die... likely people you know and love, perhaps even yourself. I'm prepared to give everything for the generation I've contributed to, my children, yours and everyone I love. I've been there, I've done that... I've sacrificed a lot more for a lot less, never again will I place my life on the line for less than the cliche' idea of Liberty and Love.

Will you accept my challenge? Will you challenge yourself? What is worth fighting for, if not Freedom in this life? Wherever you may or may not go after you have perished form this Earth, you are here... now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Things are going to get worse before the get better. I know that is a cliche, but the problem really is that for the average American iphone zombie they prefer safety and security to freedom.

I was thinking that automatic judicial review by the Supreme Court of all laws to see if that pass Constitutional muster possibly could have been a good addition to the Constitution. I also thought that voting yes for an unconstitutional bill should be a crime, as you are depriving someone of their rights as a citizen and any congressman who voted yes to an unconstitutional bill would then have to defend that vote in court.

Things like the fair tax sound great, but they will never happen. Not because they wouldn't work, but because they would transfer so much power back to the citizen and away from government.
    Steady gun, sight reference, trigger control.

My responses in, err... golden rod(?) and bold, weird color option.

Quote Originally Posted by SigShooter77 View Post
    Things are going to get worse before the get better. I know that is a cliche, but the problem really is that for the average American iphone zombie they prefer safety and security to freedom. Yes, today's people equate comfort with Freedom... to their own demise.

I was thinking that automatic judicial review by the Supreme Court of all laws to see if that pass Constitutional muster possibly could have been a good addition to the Constitution. I also thought that voting yes for an unconstitutional bill should be a crime (IT IS! It's just not frowned upon nor punished anymore), as you are depriving someone of their rights as a citizen and any congressman who voted yes to an unconstitutional bill would then have to defend that vote in court. Accountability has been lost... sadly.

Things like the fair tax sound great, but they will never happen. Not because they wouldn't work, but because they would transfer so much power back to the citizen and away from government. Yes, much like a term limit Amendment for Congress, abolishment of the FED and IRS and a repeal of the 17th Amendment.
    We The People can change what's happened, to believe otherwise...(?) one might as well go ahead and run for office to take advantage of The People and give themselves the easy life on the backs of the people they once stood next to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Our youngest grand children might be far better off without our current federal government in place.
    No doubt, unless it is replaced by something even worse.