Decisions Decisions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Decisions Decisions

  1. #1

    Decisions Decisions

    Hey guys.

    This might have come up in another thread somewhere, and if it has I apologize for being repetitive.

    I am going to be purchasing a hand gun in the next few weeks and just wanted to see what your thoughts were about some of the ones I was thinking about, and if you had any other suggestions.

    I only have a Class B LTC in Massachusetts (which is stupid but anyways) so I am limited to what I can own. I was thinking about either the Sig P220 (my first choice as of now) or the Sig P239 in 9mm.

    I have also checked into a few Para's that I can own and I am also able to purchase most compacts. I am not to sure about compacts for I am a large guy with large hands. What do you guys think about the Sig P220? Do you guys have any other recommendations? Any information you have will be much appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Capo
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  2.   
  3. #2
    Any Sig is a good gun. I have an older 225 and it is a great firearm. Like you said what you carry will have a lot to do with what feels good to you. If the 239 works for you then it would be better for carry just because it is smaller and more easy to conceal. I have heard good things about the Para's especially the double actions but have never tried one
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    I'm with HK. Sigs and Para are both really nice guns. I also own a P225 that's a great shooter. The biggest thing I look at is how it feels in my hand. If you're going to carry also it I'd pick which ever compact fit my hand the best.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    I have an even better suggestion. MOVE!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Any Sig is a good gun. I have an older 225 and it is a great firearm. Like you said what you carry will have a lot to do with what feels good to you. If the 239 works for you then it would be better for carry just because it is smaller and more easy to conceal. I have heard good things about the Para's especially the double actions but have never tried one

    I'll have to disagree. The Sig "Mosquito" is a POS. It's very finicky on ammo, and the type of ammo often varies for each individual pistol. MOST Sigs' are "good". Stay clear of the Mosquito.




    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I'll have to disagree. The Sig "Mosquito" is a POS. It's very finicky on ammo, and the type of ammo often varies for each individual pistol. MOST Sigs' are "good". Stay clear of the Mosquito.




    gf
    Actually, you're the first person I've heard who had any complaints about the SIG Mosquito. Next to the Walther P22, most would agree that the SIG Mosquito is the best .22 lr on the market. Maybe your experience is an isolated one.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Actually, you're the first person I've heard who had any complaints about the SIG Mosquito. Next to the Walther P22, most would agree that the SIG Mosquito is the best .22 lr on the market. Maybe your experience is an isolated one.
    Or maybe they send all of the junk ones to Hawaii. We have 2 on the shooting range, both act up. Three friends have 'um, all three function flawlessly using specific ammo. One buddy has one that he bought while stationed in GA. His is the only one that fires various .22lr high velocity ammo without a problem.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  9. #8
    I am leaning toward the Sig p220. I am just waiting for my license to come in (been 4 weeks).

    Tatted - I will be moving hopefully within the year or so. At the very latest a few years down the road. I do have my sights set on NH (not just for their gun rights either).

    Hows the recoil on a .45? Never shot one, nor will I have the oppurtunity to until I buy it. I am just wondering.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

  10. #9
    I find that my 220 is a little big for carry. I'm 6' 3'', 180# and it prints rather badly. It fits my hand nicely but it's hard to conceal the large grip. My EDC is a G19 which has a stout grip but not as long. It's a compromise of what feels good in your hand and what you can effectively conceal.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I am leaning toward the Sig p220. I am just waiting for my license to come in (been 4 weeks).

    Tatted - I will be moving hopefully within the year or so. At the very latest a few years down the road. I do have my sights set on NH (not just for their gun rights either).

    Hows the recoil on a .45? Never shot one, nor will I have the oppurtunity to until I buy it. I am just wondering.

    I promise you won't regret it, either. As for the recoil on a .45, that depends on several factors, such as barrel length, and whether or not the gun is compensated. However, as long as you don't limp wrist the gun, it'll be manageable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast