If people are allowed to carry firearms the wild west will happen....errr if cops are - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If people are allowed to carry firearms the wild west will happen....errr if cops are

Disarm our police and military?

You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    Disarm our police and military?

Will you ask the cops to stop killing innocent people or if they have a need to fire off random shots to please do it around your family. Who said disarm the military. Unless they are in a war zone they are disarmed which is as it should be. If soldiers want to have a firearm they can...just not on a military base.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    A big "duh" Jim. "civilians do not use deadly force nearly as frequently as cops do"? Huh? Last I looked, 'civilians" were not being called out any time of day to deal with BGs and miscreants and just crazy people--LEOs are. As someone said in a reply and something that has been railed upon in these forums, once someone raises the issue, is the fact that publicity via media will always go after the "bleeds it leads stories" and the high profile LEOs and that is what we are fed. That does not change the fact that there are poorly trained and even miscreant LEOs out there, but there probably and most likely are a heck of a lot more crazy civilians out there--it is just that they are not "on duty" and are not expected to protect whoever from whatever. If it was all up to a vigilante force of poorly trained civilians we would have blood everywhere on bad shoots.
    Interesting observation. You must be a cop! We have a nation full of trained cops and I am not sure they have saved a singl persons life...they are not required to save anyone's life. You dont like us civilians very much do you? How much innocent blood can be spilled by LEO before it becomes too much blood, even for you? Know why don't you go and see if Andy of Mayberry has your bullet!

Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    Who said disarm the military. Unless they are in a war zone they are disarmed which is as it should be. If soldiers want to have a firearm they can...just not on a military base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    the main thing is this "NO GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL" should be armed with lethal force.
    Chris rakes said it. This has been wolf fires point the entire time. What's amazing is rakes used an all encompassing term and then accuses others of bad arguments...

Who are you to say whether our soldiers should be able to carry?

You really feel our rights are negotiable? You really think gun free zones work?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cops are private citizens first then cops but try and tell them that.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Wow, just read this thread. I'm with the kitten.

How's this... Let's give cops more training! Both on how to shoot, and when to shoot. And on not doing other idiotic things. The more training you get on any job, the better you can do it.

No disarming anyone.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Chris rakes said it. This has been wolf fires point the entire time. What's amazing is rakes used an all encompassing term and then accuses others of bad arguments...

Who are you to say whether our soldiers should be able to carry?

You really feel our rights are negotiable? You really think gun free zones work?
    Soldiers can be armed in war zones...duhhh...just not armed when not in war zones. They are no more special than a civilian so they can go through the same checks civilians go through to carry concealed. No...I was in the military and I do not want a bunch of fresh off the train 18 year olds running around with guns unless they have submitted to the same checks ordinary civilians have to submit to. If you think soldiers should be running around armed to the teeth in peace time I submit you have never been in the military or if you have or are you think way too much of yourself. Young troops do stupid ****...that is why the military likes them!

Soldiers can be armed in war zones...duhhh...just not armed when not in war zones. They are no more special than a civilian so they can go through the same checks civilians go through to carry concealed. No...I was in the military and I do not want a bunch of fresh off the train 18 year olds running around with guns unless they have submitted to the same checks ordinary civilians have to submit to. If you think soldiers should be running around armed to the teeth in peace time I submit you have never been in the military or if you have or are you think way too much of yourself. Young troops do stupid ****...that is why the military likes them!
    Wait a minute...so now they can be armed if they go through the same infringements you did? Wanna think about where you stand a little longer so it's not so bipolar?

What infringements did you go through?
    Background: Check.

Shooting proficiency: Check.

Seems like they did go through the same infringements.

What about constitutional carry states, soldiers don't have infringements ...still can't carry?

What about states that allow 18 year olds to open carry with no oppression? We aren't having any problems here.

What about all the soldiers who are 28+? You think they are all stupid too ?

Do you not carry in times of peace? Oh...but you want to oppress someone elses ability to defend themselves during that same time ....

Me thinks, it's you who thinks too highly of himself, so much so you think others shouldn't carry...I believe they call that elitism.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Wait a minute...so now they can be armed if they go through the same infringements you did? Wanna think about where you stand a little longer so it's not so bipolar?

What infringements did you go through?
    Background: Check.

Shooting proficiency: Check.

Seems like they did go through the same infringements.

What about constitutional carry states, soldiers don't have infringements ...still can't carry?

What about states that allow 18 year olds to open carry with no oppression? We aren't having any problems here.

What about all the soldiers who are 28+? You think they are all stupid too ?

Do you not carry in times of peace? Oh...but you want to oppress someone elses ability to defend themselves during that same time ....

Me thinks, it's you who thinks too highly of himself, so much so you think others shouldn't carry...I believe they call that elitism.
    The discussion is about having the military armed the same way LEO is armed. I say no...I think we have enough weekend warriors shooting up innocent civilians. I am all for a completely armed populace. I do not like the idea of an arm of the government being armed with a license to shoot at any shadow they see. That is what we got now.

The discussion is about having the military armed the same way LEO is armed. I say no...I think we have enough weekend warriors shooting up innocent civilians. I am all for a completely armed populace. I do not like the idea of an arm of the government being armed with a license to shoot at any shadow they see. That is what we got now.
    Being armed is not the problem, it's the license to kill you speak of. There is no excuse to take any individuals right to bear arms away, no matter where they decide to work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast