If people are allowed to carry firearms the wild west will happen....errr if cops are
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: If people are allowed to carry firearms the wild west will happen....errr if cops are

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097

    If people are allowed to carry firearms the wild west will happen....errr if cops are

    Just another example of why cops should be disarmed and the citizens should be the only persons allowed to carry firearms.

    2 bystanders wounded in police shooting on crowded street in midtown Manhattan | Fox News

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    This has been posted before, almost immediately when it came out. I have to agree, these particular cops suck at shooting and its inconceivable that they shoot bystanders.

    However with your logic, since some of the citizenry have committed egregious murder, than none of the citizenry should have guns either. Watch what you ask for and how you ask for it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    This has been posted before, almost immediately when it came out. I have to agree, these particular cops suck at shooting and its inconceivable that they shoot bystanders.

    However with your logic, since some of the citizenry have committed egregious murder, than none of the citizenry should have guns either. Watch what you ask for and how you ask for it.
    The point was that if citizens are armed then we will be shooting each other up. The cops have a history of trying to shoot the bad guy and famously missing their intended targets and shooting the innocent. When a bad guy goes on a shooting spree his hits are intentional...not unintended. Of course if you mean to say that when innocent citizens are sprayed with bullets by cops that is just acceptable collateral damage, well that is another discussion. Law abiding citizens, when using their firearms in defense of self or others are not shooting everything that gets in the way of their bullets.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    I disagree with Police being disarmed and only civilians being armed, defeats the purpose of "Public Safety" but this point and "shoot" thing needs to be stopped, I dont understand how an officer, assuming hes within 5 feet can miss a man, let alone shoot at a person without confirming there is or isnt a weapon. I think the Police dodged a bullet on this one [lol] and thank god noone was seriously hurt.
    Im sure the officers who fired will receive some sort of punishment. Shooting an unarmed man seems to be a big thing lol
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Some folks assume you can't miss with a shotgun and this is far from the truth.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    The point was that if citizens are armed then we will be shooting each other up. The cops have a history of trying to shoot the bad guy and famously missing their intended targets and shooting the innocent. When a bad guy goes on a shooting spree his hits are intentional...not unintended. Of course if you mean to say that when innocent citizens are sprayed with bullets by cops that is just acceptable collateral damage, well that is another discussion. Law abiding citizens, when using their firearms in defense of self or others are not shooting everything that gets in the way of their bullets.
    Actually my point is if a handful of cops shoot irregularly and you wish all cops be disarmed (your statement) then the same logic should apply to everyone (my statement)... if just a handful of the citizenry shoot irregularly then all of them should be disarmed (according to your logic). I then went on to say, watch what you ask for. I get your point, it's not that hard to understand. But don't wish one demographic to be disarmed unless you want all of them to be.

    And the only reason why cops get the spotlight on missing their intended target is because they are cops... you don't get reports of citizenry doing that (not because they haven't done it, they certainly have) but more so because it's not as newsworthy.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Actually my point is if a handful of cops shoot irregularly and you wish all cops be disarmed (your statement) then the same logic should apply to everyone (my statement)... if just a handful of the citizenry shoot irregularly then all of them should be disarmed (according to your logic). I then went on to say, watch what you ask for. I get your point, it's not that hard to understand. But don't wish one demographic to be disarmed unless you want all of them to be.

    And the only reason why cops get the spotlight on missing their intended target is because they are cops... you don't get reports of citizenry doing that (not because they haven't done it, they certainly have) but more so because it's not as newsworthy.
    If a handful...well let's say the same percentage of civilians were using "justified deadly force" as the percentage of cops (per capita) and missing their intended targets at the same frequency do you really think we would be allowed to carry firearms. I personally think not. Civilians do not use deadly force nearly as frequently as cops do. Now I suppose if civilians were just shooting barking dogs then maybe the outcry wouldn't be so loud.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    If a handful...well let's say the same percentage of civilians were using "justified deadly force" as the percentage of cops (per capita) and missing their intended targets at the same frequency do you really think we would be allowed to carry firearms. I personally think not. Civilians do not use deadly force nearly as frequently as cops do. Now I suppose if civilians were just shooting barking dogs then maybe the outcry wouldn't be so loud.
    Actually as a group, "civilians" shoot more bad guys than do cops and make fewer mistakes shooting good guys. Read Lott's books and the statistics and catch up on the real facts. Now that isn't "percentages" but actual numbers and there are a lot more "civilians" than cops.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  10. Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Actually as a group, "civilians" shoot more bad guys than do cops and make fewer mistakes shooting good guys. Read Lott's books and the statistics and catch up on the real facts. Now that isn't "percentages" but actual numbers and there are a lot more "civilians" than cops.
    i have seen stats on this. seems like it was a John Lott study. but i can't remember.

    the main thing is this "NO GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL" should be armed with lethal force. especially not Homeland security, the IRS, or SS.
    LEs are already protected by the law. you can' t even touch one with out being busted. they should only carry non lethal arms. a citizen has the right to carry period, end of story. you would not have any tyranny, if they were not armed

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    If a handful...well let's say the same percentage of civilians were using "justified deadly force" as the percentage of cops (per capita) and missing their intended targets at the same frequency do you really think we would be allowed to carry firearms. I personally think not. Civilians do not use deadly force nearly as frequently as cops do. Now I suppose if civilians were just shooting barking dogs then maybe the outcry wouldn't be so loud.
    I'm not arguing with you anymore... all my point was is that you shouldn't go around and say these people should carry and those shouldn't because we will wind up with no one being able to carry if you give anyone an excuse to keep someone from carrying. Not sure why that is difficult to digest... but if you want to ban cops from carrying, get on the wagon train and start talking to your legislators to get it done.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast