Plastic triggers ugggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plastic triggers ugggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    The plastic trigger on my oldest Glock has fired more than 10,000 rounds, and almost that many dry fires, and so far it has not broken or cracked. The plastic triggers on my 3 Glocks don't worry me at all!

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Aside from that, what type of security/LE do you do that you were allowed to modify your duty weapon? It would be unheard of to do that where I am. How much different does the aluminum trigger feel over Glock's original equipment?
    I work as a patrol officer for a private security company. I couldn't tell you why they don't care, they just don't. Our weapons aren't issued, we supply our own, and according to their policy as long as its chambered in 9mm, .40 or .45 and not single action only, you can carry whatever you want. I carry my Glock 23 which I also use as an off duty EDC. I have a tungsten guide rod, metal trigger, polished barrel, and even a ghost connector *gasp* in it. I guess they figure if you can hit what you shoot at with it, and I've shot within 15 points of a perfect score (out of 450) the last the quals, then they don't care.

My patrol Sgt. carries a M&P 9mm pro series with a 3.4lb trigger too.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I work as a patrol officer for a private security company. I couldn't tell you why they don't care, they just don't. Our weapons aren't issued, we supply our own, and according to their policy as long as its chambered in 9mm, .40 or .45 and not single action only, you can carry whatever you want. I carry my Glock 23 which I also use as an off duty EDC. I have a tungsten guide rod, metal trigger, polished barrel, and even a ghost connector *gasp* in it. I guess they figure if you can hit what you shoot at with it, and I've shot within 15 points of a perfect score (out of 450) the last the quals, then they don't care.

My patrol Sgt. carries a M&P 9mm pro series with a 3.4lb trigger too.
    Sounds like you really made that firearm your own. We aren't allowed to make any modifications to our firearms except for changing the crappy Glock sights and if you have a Gen 4, to add the provided backstraps.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I guess when I comes down to it, as long as the slide and barrel are not plastic then it's not that big of a deal. that could be a real disaster. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deltaring68 View Post
    I guess when I comes down to it, as long as the slide and barrel are not plastic then it's not that big of a deal. that could be a real disaster. Lol
    The FN 5.7 has a polymer slide with metal reinforcement. I wouldn't mind one of those if I had disposable income.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Sounds like you really made that firearm your own. We aren't allowed to make any modifications to our firearms except for changing the crappy Glock sights and if you have a Gen 4, to add the provided backstraps.
    Well like I said, it is my firearm. The company technically "leases it" from me for $25 a year to comply with state law but I've had the gun a lot long than I've than I've worked for the company.

8. I recently bought a Kahr CW45 for 399 new in the box. It has a very smooth metal trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using USA Carry mobile app

I have a Colt Gov't. .380 that came with a plastic trigger and changed it out to a aluminum trigger and it improved my groupings. trigger: $25.00 (+ or -) gunsmith: $35.00 total $55.00
    Changed out the plastic spring guide rod to a full length guide rod SS. Improved my groupings even more.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123