Buy American made 9mm,for around 250 to 300 dollars - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy American made 9mm,for around 250 to 300 dollars

1. I like the look of that gun.

I'm going to a gun show this weekend. I'm going to write to this local guy and see if he'll be at the show. It would be interesting to talk to him, hold and check out the gun, then see about a range day.
    To me that would make a gun I would mount a holster under the dash for.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    The SCCY and the Kel-Tec P11 are very nearly identical, which is no surprise since SCCY was started by employees who left Kel-Tec to go out on their own.

SCCY CPX 2:

Kel-Tec P11:

It almost looks like the SCCY guys absconded with the lower poly molds and just cut some finger grooves into them. The back-strap radii and the contours of the front molding below the barrel are indistinguishable to the naked eye (if at all).

There's a little more mass to the CPX and the P11 vs. the PF9, and there are mags and/or mag-mods to put an extra round in and get that pinky finger extension that the SCCY comes stock with. The grip is a little fatter too, so either the SCCY or the P11 would be slightly less uncomfortable to shoot than the PF9. Some versions of the SCCY (maybe all?) have an external safety, which can adversely effect comfort depending how one carries.

I have a PF9 and limit my shooting time with it to only four or five mags per range visit. It's not a fun gun to shoot by any means, but it is a freakin' joy to carry no matter where or how I carry it. I wouldn't have any issue with carrying either the CPX (1 or 2) or the P11, but both of them have more girth and heft to them, and I already have a comparable weapon that I am very happy with (CZ 2075 RAMI). Neither the SCCY nor the P11 are going to be high-round-count shooters, but either should last and function fine under moderate practice/use.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The trigger looks... odd. I'd be curious to know how it feels. I'm not in the market for a 9mm, but at less than $300, it's tempting.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

6. Looks like a great deal. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    [
    What is the recoil like compared to the Ruger LC9 and the Kel-Tek PF-9?

I found the Kel-Tek to be almost uncontrollable. I have never had a weapon just about pull itself out of my hands.
    Try shooting a S&W Airweight .357...

Buy American made 9mm,for around 250 to 300 dollars

Only problem is that it's an SCCY..their quality control is almost worst than Taurus.

9. Entrepreneurship and low cost are admirable, but would you rely on this as a primary SD gun in any situation without knowing an awful lot more about it?

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Only problem is that it's an SCCY..their quality control is almost worst than Taurus.
    I haven't had an issue w/ Taurus, suppose I'm just lucky though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

11. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    The SCCY and the Kel-Tec P11 are very nearly identical, which is no surprise since SCCY was started by employees who left Kel-Tec to go out on their own.

SCCY CPX 2:

Kel-Tec P11:

It almost looks like the SCCY guys absconded with the lower poly molds and just cut some finger grooves into them. The back-strap radii and the contours of the front molding below the barrel are indistinguishable to the naked eye (if at all).

There's a little more mass to the CPX and the P11 vs. the PF9, and there are mags and/or mag-mods to put an extra round in and get that pinky finger extension that the SCCY comes stock with. The grip is a little fatter too, so either the SCCY or the P11 would be slightly less uncomfortable to shoot than the PF9. Some versions of the SCCY (maybe all?) have an external safety, which can adversely effect comfort depending how one carries.

I have a PF9 and limit my shooting time with it to only four or five mags per range visit. It's not a fun gun to shoot by any means, but it is a freakin' joy to carry no matter where or how I carry it. I wouldn't have any issue with carrying either the CPX (1 or 2) or the P11, but both of them have more girth and heft to them, and I already have a comparable weapon that I am very happy with (CZ 2075 RAMI). Neither the SCCY nor the P11 are going to be high-round-count shooters, but either should last and function fine under moderate practice/use.

Blues
    Thanks for the comparo blues...
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast