Buy American made 9mm,for around 250 to 300 dollars - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buy American made 9mm,for around 250 to 300 dollars

Is there a flush magazine available?

Quote Originally Posted by escapedthematrix View Post
    Is there a flush magazine available?
    Nevermind. I read the description on Buds. Says it ships with two flat mag bases. How is it for pocket carry?

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I haven't had an issue w/ Taurus, suppose I'm just lucky though.
    I don't own a Taurus, but every one I've fired (3 to be exact) has functioned without issue and was a pleasure to shoot.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Entrepreneurship and low cost are admirable, but would you rely on this as a primary SD gun in any situation without knowing an awful lot more about it?
    This is where the recoil issue comes into play for me.
    I put at least 100 rounds in my guns on each visit to the range and I enjoy seeing the no failure count go up. If I were going to "Depend" on this gun it would need to be a good shoot that my friends and I would not hesitate to use at the range.
    You really have to know a gun to depend on it. Just like a good friend.

I have handled one of the SCCYs at the local Big R Store but have not yet fired one. They seem okay in hand but I can't recommend one until I have a chance with one at the range.

I had the CPX-1 when they first came out. I like the looks of the gun but it was the only pistol that I owned chambered in 9MM. I never had any real problems except there was a recall of sorts to fix the safety. Some shooters with larger hands reported that when the gun was fired the recoil against the hand would engage the safety so for follow up shots the safety would have to be turned off again . I never had any problems with mine but sent it back to the factory for the fix. It was returned about 3 weeks later. It was a good shooter, never any feed or ejecting issues and you get use to the trigger. I sold mine so I could get a Sub2k but might consider buying another one. Everyone needs a glove box/trunk gun. My only concern would be finding a suitable holster. Maybe the kel-tec holster will fit this model.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

It has been 2 days since I wrote to the "Local Distributor" and have yet to hear back. I guess they are not interested in my business so I'll go back to checkine out the little 5 round 22 Mag from Charter Arms.

Only have about 100 rounds through mine. No FTE, FTF, stovepipe, etc. Out of the box, it shoots pretty good. Only thing I am not 100% pleased with, is the long stiff trigger pull.

For those with extra large hands, there is an aftermarket grip extension. It is made by Adams Grip Extensions.

Pricy, but look at Boberg. Very controllable 9mm.

I've been looking at this pistol for over a year now but I just can't seem to pull the trigger. The recurring themes from all the reviews I've read are:

- Long, stiff trigger. Proponents say they get used to it. Should I just spend a few more dollars to not have to bother with getting used to it?
    - Quality control. Anecdotal statements like, "there was nothing wrong with mine" doesn't mean I won't be the sucker who buys a lemon.

If I had cash just lying around then this wouldn't be such a hard decision. As it is, I think I need to know up front that the CC gun I buy will be smooth, functional, and reliable. Those XDs 9's look pretty sweet!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast