Castle Doctrine For Ohio - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castle Doctrine For Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by rt48 View Post
    The new law makes unlocked gloveboxes and vehicle consoles legal.
    When did that pass? The preemption law (which ended up invalidating an AWB in Columbus) passed in 2006 over Gov. Bob Taft's veto allowed people to carry concealed on their persons instead of the previous requirement that they be in plain sight. Also, it allowed purse carry in vehicles, but glovebox and console carry were allowed only if they were locked. Has there been another law passed since 2006 changing that?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    When did that pass? The preemption law (which ended up invalidating an AWB in Columbus) passed in 2006 over Gov. Bob Taft's veto allowed people to carry concealed on their persons instead of the previous requirement that they be in plain sight. Also, it allowed purse carry in vehicles, but glovebox and console carry were allowed only if they were locked. Has there been another law passed since 2006 changing that?
    Yes, Senate Bill 184 passed in the spring and took effect 9-9-08. In addition to the Castle Doctrine, an amendment was attached that implemented some improvements for CCW like what I mentioned earlier.

Laws, Acts, and Legislation

Thats great news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rt48 View Post
    Yes, Senate Bill 184 passed in the spring and took effect 9-9-08. In addition to the Castle Doctrine, an amendment was attached that implemented some improvements for CCW like what I mentioned earlier.

Laws, Acts, and Legislation
    I stand corrected. This was something I thought I had stayed on top of for the past couple of years, but for some reason it managed to slip by me without my knowledge. It's about time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12