Castle Doctrine For Ohio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle Doctrine For Ohio

1. Thumbs up Castle Doctrine For Ohio

Well today the Castle doctrine went into affect in Ohio. This is a big step in the right direction for the state of Ohio. We have come a long way here in Ohio as far as CCW goes.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Congratulations! I'm glad we have it here in SC. It's actually a Victims Rights law. Now watch crime drop!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

That's great news. What would be even better would be if Ohio would next fix the vehicle carry law to allow people to carry however they choose, like all the other CCW states do.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    That's great news. What would be even better would be if Ohio would next fix the vehicle carry law to allow people to carry however they choose, like all the other CCW states do.
    If you are talking about the law that requires the gun be carried in plain site. I believe thats already been done away with.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Congrats Ohio! Another step in the right direction. Now you just need to push for Stand Your Ground and Take Your Gun To Work laws!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    If you are talking about the law that requires the gun be carried in plain site. I believe thats already been done away with.
    I know that. The new law didn't change anything for people who don't carry on their persons, however. It can be in a purse or bag that is zipped up, or in a locked glovebox, console, or other lockable container that is in plain sight. CCW holders, even under the new law, still can't carry under the seat or in an unlocked console or glovebox. That's the portion of the law I was referring to that needs to be worked on.

Congrats to Ohio! Hopefully more will follow.

congrats to all the people in ohio.
    kind of a shame to think of it that way though, that you actually need permition to defend your own home and all the people in it.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I know that. The new law didn't change anything for people who don't carry on their persons, however. It can be in a purse or bag that is zipped up, or in a locked glovebox, console, or other lockable container that is in plain sight. CCW holders, even under the new law, still can't carry under the seat or in an unlocked console or glovebox. That's the portion of the law I was referring to that needs to be worked on.
    The new law makes unlocked gloveboxes and vehicle consoles legal.

Congrats. Another state beginning to see the light. Or feel the heat.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast