Guns are like poison snakes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns are like poison snakes

As I have heard someone say before, "Blaming the gun for a shooting is like blaming the rope for a hanging!"

Damn, I used to catch rattlesnakes and carry a gun doing it. Never got bit nor shot. Rattlesnakes are much more tasty than guns too! Actually they are alot alike.....as long as you treat them with the respect they deserve, although still dangerous, they are not uncontrollable. I have never seen a rattlesnake attack a person with out being provoked, I have never seen a gun shoot with out being handled. HMMMMM.
    Gun free zones are safe havens...........for criminals.
    Laws govern the lesser man, Morals govern the greater man.

4. trying to put this were it will not be argumentative. but a lot of people are killed with "unloaded guns", that is why all guns are loaded all the time.

treat them all like they are loaded. i don't mean to add the "killed while cleaning" bunch to this either if yo are cleaning a gun it would have to be empty. it's just the way the mechanics work

Repeat after me:

It it pointless to use facts when discussing gun issues with antis.
    It is pointless to use facts against those who only deal with emotion.
    It is pointless to try to teach a pig to sing....
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    trying to put this were it will not be argumentative. but a lot of people are killed with "unloaded guns", that is why all guns are loaded all the time.

treat them all like they are loaded. i don't mean to add the "killed while cleaning" bunch to this either if yo are cleaning a gun it would have to be empty. it's just the way the mechanics work
    Now go explain that to the CA politicians. Which one of them was it that said unloaded guns kill people and wanted to use that to make it impossible for anyone to carry any gun, loaded or not? Missed the whole point...
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

7. Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Guns are like sneaky poison snakes. Without warning they may strike you or a loved one. People are killed by unloaded guns all the time (really? What happened? Did they get buried under them?). The irrationality of anti gun folks is getting to me. They feel at risk with a background checked cc person who is carrying. What?
    Facts:
    1 An unloaded weapon never shot anyone (I'm not talking about clubbing or using a bayonet).
    2 Guns NEVER spontaneously go off on their own.
    3 Guns never sneak around on their own looking for victims.
    4 Guns are tools. Not the humans who use them (well, some folks are tools, no getting around that).
    5 An untouched gun in a holster is safer than a car going 5 mph.

Guns are NOT snakes, looking to do harm. Even most snakes are not looking to do harm (spiders are another story altogether, kill them on sight).

What is with this irrational fear of guns? I truly don't get it. Anti gunners seem to actually fear the guns themselves, as if they have read too many Stephen King stories about killer cars.

What is behind this fear?
    Spiders are just plain creepy. Death to all spiders open season year round. :-)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

8. Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    1 An unloaded weapon never shot anyone (I'm not talking about clubbing or using a bayonet).
    Ok where can you buy clubs and Bayonet's that can shoot people? I want to order some of each..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12