2 Year old shoots herself to death - article from HP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Year old shoots herself to death - article from HP

Quote Originally Posted by ajeichhorn View Post
    To own a gun comes with guidelines that need to be followed, don't give the rest of us bad names and have our right to own firearms questioned in the media after events like this.
    You are absolutely right! My owner's manual states: It is your responsibility to ensure that children under the age of 18 or other unauthorized individuals do not gain access to your firearm. So this is my sentiments irresponsibility needs to accept and pay the consequences.
    Why should innocent people - law abiding responsible firearm owners and victims, pay for the actions of irresponsible people?
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

3. We hear of these horrible tragedies on a regular basis. Gun ownership is a great responsibilty, they should always be locked up or have a trigger guard on.

790.175 Transfer or sale of firearms; required warnings; penalties.—
    (1) Upon the retail commercial sale or retail transfer of any firearm, the seller or transferor shall deliver a written warning to the purchaser or transferee, which warning states, in block letters not less than 1/4 inch in height:

“IT IS UNLAWFUL, AND PUNISHABLE BY IMPRISONMENT AND FINE, FOR ANY ADULT TO STORE OR LEAVE A FIREARM IN ANY PLACE WITHIN THE REACH OR EASY ACCESS OF A MINOR UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE OR TO KNOWINGLY SELL OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER OWNERSHIP OR POSSESSION OF A FIREARM TO A MINOR OR A PERSON OF UNSOUND MIND.”
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12