Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Year old shoots herself to death - article from HP

2 Year old shoots herself to death - article from HP

I like this user's comment...

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
    JEANO01
    79 Fans
    1 hour ago ( 6:59 PM)

This IS NOT an accident. Whoever left that gun where a two year old could get it should be charged with murder.
    -------------------------

A 2-year-old girl is dead after accidentally shooting herself with a handgun inside a North Carolina home, according to multiple reports.

Police said the girl, who was nicknamed "Coco," found a loaded handgun and that it discharged, local NBC affiliate WNCN-TV reported. She was at the home with her aunt and grandmother at the time.

When officers found the girl, whose name is not being released, she wasn't breathing. She was immediately brought to the Cape Fear Medical Center where she was pronounced dead, the local outlet reported.

"She would always come to to the fence line and play with my dog," neighbor Byron Brown told WRAL-TV. "To lose a 2-year-old baby who hasn't even lived yet...is horrific," he said.

Another neighbor, Felicia Brown, told WNCN-TV there have been "too many shootings" in the neighborhood recently and that she plans to move away.

Police ruled the death an accident, but say the investigation is ongoing. While there have been no charges filed yet, authorities say that will likely change.

End of article

----------------------

My comment:

Gun ownership comes with a great responsibility.
    Know where your guns are and keep them locked up away from children.
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

To something like that I would normaly say the parents are responsible and should be held accountable, but they have and will most likely suffer a lot more in the days to come, people should never ever have guns even remotely accessable to babys that are not old enough to know better,
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Both state and federal laws broken there. Even if the parents aren't charged, they will have to live with it the rest of their lives.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I agree irresponsible people should not own guns or children.. I hope you agree.

Indict the parents.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

parents should be charged with manslaughter
    "I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone, from you, or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the President if I had a personal email". -American Patriot Edward Snowden

they left the gun under the couch and the man is already a convicted felon so charges are sure to follow.

Everyone CNN reported the father of the two year old has been charged with involuntary manslaughter. At least charges have been brought, not sure why he was allowed to have a weapon. In CNN's report: "Several outstanding warrants were found when police ran Clark's name, including misdemeanor cruelty to animals, larceny and marijuana possession charges, police said, and Clark had been sentenced on convictions of breaking and entering, larceny and possession of a firearm by a minor." read the article here Father charged after 2-year-old fatally shoots herself - CNN.com , most likely since he was not an outstanding citizen of society. He probably stole it or bought it illegally. But at the end of the day, we still have a toddler who was shot and killed. This is not an isolated incident, to many children are the victims of these "accidental shootings." The instructor in my CCW class, ( a police officer ) had stated to the class. He would never forget what he saw, when he answered a 911 call. The father was visibly upset and the mother was crying and shaking, clearly out of her mind. When he walked into the bedroom of this one couple. The small child laying on the floor with no face. How our law enforcement handles something like this, I will never know. Is it to much to ask for Be Responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    ......How our law enforcement handles something like this, I will never know. ......
    The same way we had to handle bodies/body parts found at work. You do your job and go home at the end of the day. You can't let it linger or it will eat you up from the inside out. 5 homicides in 18 years. Monday mornings were never good for the police divers when they had to report to our location.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I agree, it is on the owner of the gun to insure that it is stored properly, especially when kids are around. It is a travesty that an innocent child had to die but you must also consider others that could be harmed with leaving a gun where kids can get to it. There could be others harmed from this gun being improperly stored. You always wonder how school shooters get their hands on guns, this is the easiest way for kids. To own a gun comes with guidelines that need to be followed, don't give the rest of us bad names and have our right to own firearms questioned in the media after events like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast