Another irresponsible parent should be indicted for murder - Nevada School Shooting - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another irresponsible parent should be indicted for murder - Nevada School Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Isn't it amazing that parents are severely restrained by law when it comes to disciplining or controlling their children, however, at the same time parents be held accountable for the adverse actions and behavior of said children when they destroy property or break the law. If anything is to blame it's our ridiculous laws. America, still got to love it, eh?

~ We Reap What We Sow, More Than What We Sow, Later Than We Sow ~
    Hit the nail directly on the head.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

School shootings are a major problem which is becoming more frequent and the more it is advertised on television and the internet the more shootings it seems we have. I did some research and yes shootings have been going on since the 1700's but only in the last few years this problem has increased in the number of shootings per year. These are the figures I have: 2000 - 4, 2001 - 4, 2002 - 1, 2003- 2, 2004 - 3, 2005 - 3, 2006- 6, 2007- 4, 2008 - 7, 2009- 6. This is where you should take note and notice they are on the rise, 2010 - 10, 2011 - 8. 2012 - 12. This is where you should hold onto your hat 2013 - 16. Why is this happening I am not sure could it be the media: movies, internet, and the violent video games. Or can we attribute this to bullying, bad parenting? Can the parents lay their cell phones down long enough to care for and monitor their children? Whatever it maybe someone needs to be held responsible and when it comes to minors shooting up the schools, I can easily say, if the firearm was left out for the minor to carry it to school and shoot up the teachers and fellow students. Then Yes the parents should be held responsible. When is something going to be done? Is it when school shootings become an everyday occurrence or when teachers decide they chose the wrong occupation?
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    School shootings are a major problem which is becoming more frequent and the more it is advertised on television and the internet the more shootings it seems we have. I did some research and yes shootings have been going on since the 1700's but only in the last few years this problem has increased in the number of shootings per year. These are the figures I have: 2000 - 4, 2001 - 4, 2002 - 1, 2003- 2, 2004 - 3, 2005 - 3, 2006- 6, 2007- 4, 2008 - 7, 2009- 6. This is where you should take note and notice they are on the rise, 2010 - 10, 2011 - 8. 2012 - 12. This is where you should hold onto your hat 2013 - 16. Why is this happening I am not sure could it be the media: movies, internet, and the violent video games. Or can we attribute this to bullying, bad parenting? Can the parents lay their cell phones down long enough to care for and monitor their children? Whatever it maybe someone needs to be held responsible and when it comes to minors shooting up the schools, I can easily say, if the firearm was left out for the minor to carry it to school and shoot up the teachers and fellow students. Then Yes the parents should be held responsible. When is something going to be done? Is it when school shootings become an everyday occurrence or when teachers decide they chose the wrong occupation?
    I can tell you right now your numbers are BS. I taught in an urban school for two years. In those two years there were three school shootings. None of them made the news. They didn't even make a blurb in the paper. Not all school shootings are listed. Why? I have no idea. Some might say, that it is expected in an environment where there is known gang activity. Now if that's how many school shootings that happened at my school about 13 years ago in two years; how many more were there in Chicago, NYC, Washington DC, Detroit, New Orleans, etc.?

Here's a list from Wikipedia of school shootings since the 1790's. List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems from them that there is an increase in the last two decades. But if the media didn't report some of these shootings that I know of 13 years ago, is it possible that the media kept a lot of them quiet 2, 3, 4 decades ago? And yes, the shootings that I was around for were in a school called Schenley High School in Pittsburgh. You will notice in the early 2000's they are not on the list.

Rather than try to come up with the "reasons" (I'm sure there are many reasons for each individual shooting), why don't we fix the problem that students and faculty are sitting ducks just waiting to be mowed down. Allow them their right to protect themselves and each other. Once word gets around that people are willing to stand up with equal power against a would-be shooter, the number of shooters will go down.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Irresponsible gun owners like these parents make us ALL look bad in the eyes on the non gun owning public.

The rebellion, violence and immorality of our youth began when the teaching of creation & prayer were banned in our children's classrooms. Instead, they're taught in school that they are freaks of nature having evolved from animals, and when they act like animals we just can't figure out why.

~ We Reap What We Sow, More Than What We Sow, Later Than We Sow ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

wolf_fire , these numbers are from the internet. I am sure the government doesn't really want us to know how many school shootings there actually are. We all know the government keeps secrets, for instance area 51 and Fort Knox. Is the gold actually still there? I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansas ducker View Post
    Should a parent be responsible if their teenager were texting or driving under the influence and killed someone. We need to hold the person that did the deed responsible. Not someone that wasn't there.
    The problem I see in this statement is this is negligence on the parents side, Leaving the gun where their child could access it, and in your hypothesis that would be negligent on the teens side. 2 very different thing bud.

Another irresponsible parent should be indicted for murder - Nevada School Shooting

I think the government keeps but in this case I believe it would be to Obamas advantage to let it leak if there were any truth to it and I think we all know if he can use anything to his advantage he would. I feel for the families that lost lives in this useless tragedy, yes major stupidity and udder incompetence was involved that cost the lives of two people. Actions should be taken on the parents because this boy didn't just wake up one day and say let's go kill someone. Biggest problem I see in my opinion is the lack of positive involvement in there kids life. Seems like most want the teachers to do it for them. Just my 2 cents
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

Quote Originally Posted by arkansas ducker View Post
    Should a parent be responsible if their teenager were texting or driving under the influence and killed someone. We need to hold the person that did the deed responsible. Not someone that wasn't there.
    Most states have a law against texting when driving. As for the under the influence when driving, I would hope the parent would exercise good judgment and not provide their teenager with a car, if the teen shows him or herself as being irresponsible, meaning a bad attitude, refusing to help with chores, all around bad manners, neglecting school work, choice of friends can also say a lot about a person.
    You know what they say why soar with turkeys when you can fly with eagles. :)

Quote Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
    Had this teacher been armed the outcome could have been very different.
    And he would have been a great candidate to CC, former Marine, National Guard member.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast