Few questions about a new gun....

Thread: Few questions about a new gun....

Few questions about a new gun....

Howdy folks, I have a few questions about a gun I picked up used today. I bought a Springfield Ultra Compact 1911 .45ACP for a great price but it had an issue. Not a big one but I still want to fix it.

This is the gun:
    Few questions about a new gun....-img_8206.jpg

If you notice in the grooves on the slide there is a little bit of crud in there. I don't know if it is rust or what but it wasn't easy to clean out of there. If it was rust how can I prevent that in the future? Second question is this is the ultra compact and I would like to find some nice grips for it, Anyone have personal experience with a website that they recommend? (I'm looking for high quality) And last but not least: Isn't it purty?

Yes, it's purty. Can't help you with the grips, but I bought some CorrosionX For Guns for some rust on my LCP and for an antique flintlock I have. So far it's done a good job of taking it off and keeping it off.

Amazon.com: CorrosionX For Guns, 4 oz. applicator bottle (50010): Automotive
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Make sure after you get the rust off, that you keep a thin film of RemOil or some other type of gun oil to keep the metal from oxidizing.

Grips... eh, I have a revolver with a rubber grip and some plastic guns, so can't help ya there.

~To the NSA, I only own a squirt gun. I have no firearms whatsoever.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

vzgrips.com.

I've got a set of the Frag grips on my Kimber RCP.

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    vzgrips.com.

I've got a set of the Frag grips on my Kimber RCP.
    Thanks I'll check them out.