Carry Permit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carry Permit

1. Carry Permit

I retired form the USMC in 1981 and haven't fired a weapon since until I just got my carry permit. I fired a 96 out of a possible 100 with a gun that I have never fired. I thought that was pretty good.

So you're saying its sort of like riding a bicycle? I'd say you did "pretty" good too. Congrats!

I'd say that was damn good. It can only get better.

USMC1960... welcome to the forums and congrats on your score.

Hopefully we'll hear more from you and be regaled with tales of better scores and greater achievements. Keep carrying.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

CONGRATS, this is a great site-looking forward to your opinions and or thoughts.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

7. Good shootin' and thanks for your service, Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by shotz90s View Post
    So you're saying its sort of like riding a bicycle? I'd say you did "pretty" good too. Congrats!
    Firearm accuracy is a perishable skill. You do need to practice to maintain the muscle memory for not only accuracy, but for functioning under duress during activities like changing magazines, and reloading the firearm, draw speed, and so on. Some folks are naturally better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1960 View Post
    I retired form the USMC in 1981 and haven't fired a weapon since until I just got my carry permit. I fired a 96 out of a possible 100 with a gun that I have never fired. I thought that was pretty good.
    I had the exact same results. I qualified Expert with the 1911 at 18 years old. Never touched another handgun for 40 years.
    Amazing how Corps training, etc. stays with you for life. OORAH !!!

10. Congratulations on your carry permit and score. Thanks for your service Sir.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

11. Thanks for the response from everyone. It was my pleasure to serve in the USMC for 21 years and now that I am older it is harder to defend myself and family that is why I went for my conceal carry permit before that right is taken away from us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast