Best cleaning method for Glock 19 Gen 4

Thread: Best cleaning method for Glock 19 Gen 4

Best cleaning method for Glock 19 Gen 4

Looking for thoughts on general cleaning. What works best?

This is a decent tutorial: www.glockmeister.com - Tech Info

Also, a few suggestion in addition to the tutorial:
    - Get a stiff handled toothbrush and grind the end of the handle so it is flat and the same thickness as the groove of the rail looking at the firearm from the side. This will allow you to scrape carbon out of the rail
    - Use either Hoppe's #9 or Hoppe's Elite cleaner. These are tried and true. I prefer the Elite since it doesn't have an odor and the wife allows me to clean inside the house.
    - Instead of a copper wire brush, I prefer a bore snake to clean the barrel. Hoppe's 9 - The Gun Care People
    - Do NOT OVER OIL A GLOCK. It doesn't like a lot of oil.

Any specific questions, ask away, and welcome to the forums. Glad to have you.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

4. I use gun scrubber to clean all my guns. You can find it at most gun shops and Walmart also has it. Just make sure you get the synthetic safe formula. They did have a older formula that was not good for polymer guns.
    Birchwood Casey: Maintenance Details

Throw it in the dishwasher....... (JK Of course)

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by TeeRash View Post
    Looking for thoughts on general cleaning. What works best?
    I have been a Glock owner & carrier since the early 90's and I can tell you with confidence that when it come's to cleaning your Glock, less is usually more than enough. Glock's require 'minimal' cleaning and even less oil.

DO NOT over-lubricate your Glock.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

+1 on the Bore Snake and Hoppes No. 9.
    Fastest and easiest way I've found to clean the bore of any type of firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    +1 on the Bore Snake and Hoppes No. 9.
    Fastest and easiest way I've found to clean the bore of any type of firearm.
    +2 on the Bore Snake and Hoppes NO. 9. And I still say..If it rotates oil it. If it slides grease it, that goes for the rails in my Glock 21 Gen 4 as well...Smooooother than snot! Works for me.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Break-Free CLP and Break-Free Bore Cleaner. Lube with Militec Synthetic Gun Lubricant. Copper brush for the barrel and toothbrush on all other areas. Works for me for 20+ years.