Two school shootings this week.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: Two school shootings this week....

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    This is why I won't fly anymore...






    Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

  2.   
  3. #12
    The teacher in Mass was killed with a box cutter not a firearm.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

  4. #13
    I believe that ANY teacher that has the proper training, and handles a gun responsibly should be able to carry on the job with a CHL, of course. If a would be criminal doesn't know if a teacher is armed or not, he/she may have 2nd thoughts about shooting up a classroom. Most of of these lunatics end up killing themselves in the end anyways so why not spare them the trouble! When they draw a weapon in a classroom, a well trained, quick minded teacher can protect the children. This, what I consider to be idiotic idea of having a safe in the classroom gives the teacher NO time to react..."Wait mr. I'm an insane shooter, give me a minute to open this safe, so I can pull out a gun and shoot you", is the dumbest thing I think I've heard in a long time, not to mention the cost and training. You might as well leave it like it is, because the teacher doesn't stand a chance. I'm not saying to be cocked and locked with 1 in the chamber, but at least have the firearm on your person. With practice, it can be pulled, racked and fired in less than 10 seconds...I know because I do it. It took a lot of practice to get there. Even 10 seconds may be a little too long, but it beats the alternative. I'm not a believer in keeping one in the chamber, too much can go wrong, especially with a room full of children.

  5. #14
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    The teacher in Mass was killed with a box cutter not a firearm.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    And this changes things how? The fact is whether it's guns or knives, weapons free zones stop nothing.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    And this changes things how? The fact is whether it's guns or knives, weapons free zones stop nothing.
    The title of the post is "Two school shootings......." should we make it ten to get your point across or just mindlessly repeat incorrect information like idiots. If it is going to be discussed then we need correct information, so yes it does matter.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

  7. #16
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by docmath View Post
    ...With practice, it can be pulled, racked and fired in less than 10 seconds...I know because I do it. It took a lot of practice to get there. Even 10 seconds may be a little too long, but it beats the alternative. I'm not a believer in keeping one in the chamber, too much can go wrong, especially with a room full of children.
    According to the 30 foot rule you're dead in less than 10 seconds if somebody with a knife comes after you and you still have to draw, rack, aim and fire. There's something in your line of reasoning that I fail to understand. I can carry my firearm all day long with one in the chamber and nobody becomes too concerned about that until I step foot in a classroom. Then, suddenly, there is too much that can go wrong. I carry in my home, my vehicle, my garage, around my wife and children and nobody is too concerned about what could go wrong. There is no greater danger of something going wrong in a classroom while I carry than there is around my own family with whom I spend far more time, and frankly I am getting tired of the argument that somehow the common sense of legal carriers goes out the window the moment they step foot in a school.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West Jordan, Utah
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    The teacher in Mass was killed with a box cutter not a firearm.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Careful, That may have been a High (Razor) Capacity box cutter. Don't want the anti-gunners getting too much thought in their heads. ;)


  9. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West Jordan, Utah
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by docmath View Post
    I believe that ANY teacher that has the proper training, and handles a gun responsibly should be able to carry on the job with a CHL, of course. If a would be criminal doesn't know if a teacher is armed or not, he/she may have 2nd thoughts about shooting up a classroom. Most of of these lunatics end up killing themselves in the end anyways so why not spare them the trouble! When they draw a weapon in a classroom, a well trained, quick minded teacher can protect the children. This, what I consider to be idiotic idea of having a safe in the classroom gives the teacher NO time to react..."Wait mr. I'm an insane shooter, give me a minute to open this safe, so I can pull out a gun and shoot you", is the dumbest thing I think I've heard in a long time, not to mention the cost and training. You might as well leave it like it is, because the teacher doesn't stand a chance. I'm not saying to be cocked and locked with 1 in the chamber, but at least have the firearm on your person. With practice, it can be pulled, racked and fired in less than 10 seconds...I know because I do it. It took a lot of practice to get there. Even 10 seconds may be a little too long, but it beats the alternative. I'm not a believer in keeping one in the chamber, too much can go wrong, especially with a room full of children.
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    According to the 30 foot rule you're dead in less than 10 seconds if somebody with a knife comes after you and you still have to draw, rack, aim and fire. There's something in your line of reasoning that I fail to understand. I can carry my firearm all day long with one in the chamber and nobody becomes too concerned about that until I stepped foot in a classroom. Then, suddenly, there is too much that can go wrong. I carry in my home, my vehicle, my garage, around my wife and children and nobody is too concerned about what could go wrong. There is no greater danger of something going wrong in a classroom while I carry than there is around my own family with whom I spend far more time, and frankly I am getting tired of the argument that somehow the common sense of legal carriers goes out the window the moment they step foot in a school.
    I can see both of your points. I choose to carry based on how and what I carry. Don't make sense? lol What I mean is, I own several guns that I alternate. I have a Dbl A Revolver that you do not need to worry about, it is point and shoot, nuff said. I also have a SA 1911 ultra compact that I would NEVER carry with one in the chamber and the hammer back.... Reason for that is the trigger spring is a softer spring for when I go shooting therefore if the ambi-safety was to ever get bumped to off, Then I'm one hurtin SOB or dead. I also have (When SA decides to send it back) an XDs that I DO carry with one in the chamber because it is all stock and less likely to go off with the holster I use. it all comes down to what the carrier feels is safe. About the teachers carrying, If it protects my children while I am not there then I am all for it. But if it puts them in danger then I will speak up. I'm sure that there will be the norm of safety protocols if and when Teachers and other school officials are allowed to carry during school hrs but it is up to us parents to make sure it is being done properly since it is our kids that will be there all day.

    My thought: Safes are for storing items. You will benefit nothing by keeping a loaded firearm in the safe unless you have extremely quick access to it. If a firearm is kept on the Teachers person at all times it is likely it will not fall into the hands of a student (ie... not in a purse or a desk drawer). Carrying with one in the chamber should be the carriers opinion and nobody elses. I do feel that since there are accidentally lost firearms from time to time there should be some sort of protocol to try and avoid that from happening on school grounds. It would really suck to loose your firearm on a school campus only to find out a child picked it up and hurt themselves or someone else with it. and last but not least it should be mandatory that the teachers that choose to carry get enough range time and training if needed. This will not only ease the minds of the "I Don't Know" people but it will help insure that nobody is a victim of a stray bullet. Again this is my opinion. Thanks for reading.


  10. #19
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    The title of the post is "Two school shootings......." should we make it ten to get your point across or just mindlessly repeat incorrect information like idiots. If it is going to be discussed then we need correct information, so yes it does matter.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    My bad. The thread title has been corrected.

  11. #20
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    The teacher in Mass was killed with a box cutter not a firearm.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    My apologies; when I posted this thread, the method of her death had not yet been made public. The one report I heard early on seemed to indicate that this had been another shooting. The title of this thread has been changed to more accurately reflect two killing incidents instead of two shooting incidents.

    But as I noted in another posting on this thread, whether the instrument of death was a gun or a knife, it once agains proves that declaring a place weapons free actually stops nothing.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast