What would you do?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

With all the news lately with our children snapping and shooting up a school or a student killing his teacher with a box cutter, My question is What would you do if you seen Someone (Kid or Adult) that you thought was armed and you believed he/she had bad intentions at your kids school? Do you wait to see what is going on? Do you confront him/her first?

This is to spark debate about the proper way to handle a situation as a civilian CCW permit holder, NOT to argue, fight or ridicule. BE NICE and enjoy please!

Since I live in one of those states where a CCL holder can legally be armed on school grounds, I would quietly and unobtrusively observe the person until they either drew their weapon or departed.
    Gun Control: The [liberal] theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound...L. Neil Smith

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Since I live in one of those states where a CCL holder can legally be armed on school grounds, I would quietly and unobtrusively observe the person until they either drew their weapon or departed.
    I would be the same way I think. I wouldn't want the person knowing I have a gun until it was needed. I think States like ours got it right when they made the loophole in the "Gun Free Zones" to allow CCW in them. I think it acts as a reinforcement for the gun free zones as well.

I think I would go and try to start a conversation/ introduce myself to the person. See if I can pick up on their state of mind. Then go from there.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    With all the news lately with our children snapping and shooting up a school or a student killing his teacher with a box cutter, My question is What would you do if you seen Someone (Kid or Adult) that you thought was armed and you believed he/she had bad intentions at your kids school? Do you wait to see what is going on? Do you confront him/her first?

This is to spark debate about the proper way to handle a situation as a civilian CCW permit holder, NOT to argue, fight or ridicule. BE NICE and enjoy please!
    Since the school's in my neighborhood are all GFZ's (federally mandated death-traps), I would probably handle the situation in the following manner....

Scenario A)
    I would immediatly call the police and advise them of the situation...I would not let my kid into the school (if dropping him off)...I would probably be watching from inside of my vehicle while waiting for the police to arrive...I would then advise the cops as they arrived & let them handle the situation from there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario B)
    If my kid is actually inside of the school at the time (God forbid), then I would probably do the same as above, but I would also be standing outside of the school (while still relaying information to the police). I would be monitoring the situation as best as I can (while still waiting for the police to arrive). I would probably be ready to enter into the school at a moment's notice (if I am forced into that action) to defend my child's life if necessary.
    Example;
    If I suddenly heard gunshot's ringing out from inside of my kid's school and the cop's have not yet arrived, then all bet's are off at that time as far as I'm concerned and I'm going to react accordingly.
    Why?
    Because when second's count, the cop's are usually too many minute's away, that's why.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They can lock me up and throw away the key afterward's if they want to, but if my taking action means saving the life of my kid (and other innocent kid's) then I would gladly face a jury of my peer's after all of the smoke clear's.

I really don't think that there would be a jury in this entire country that would want to convict someone who rescued/saved innocent children from some homicidal maniac inside of a school.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I would shadow them into the school. If they made a move I put a knife into their brain stem and dig and twist. Ammo is getting expensive, kids don't need to hear gun shots in their school, and the situation could be contained discretely. I wouldn't involve law enforcement until after the fact. Those trigger happy newbs have been hitting a lot of innocent bystanders lately; Florida, North Carolina, twice in New York in the last year.
    ""Chance favors the well prepared mind" - Louis Pastuer

-Blakester

Being a CCW holder is a moot point, since firearms are banned from school property, if you're a law-abiding permit holder in my state at least.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Being a CCW holder is a moot point, since firearms are banned from school property, if you're a law-abiding permit holder in my state at least.
    A CCW in Utah allows you to carry in any public school. I know some states say no but some do say yes. That's a good point though. Would you ignore that law if you were forced to do something about a madman?

A CCW in Utah allows you to carry in any public school. I know some states say no but some do say yes. That's a good point though. Would you ignore that law if you were forced to do something about a madman?
    I try not to promote, advocate, or discuss willfully breaking the law on forums. Many have rules against such behavior. I will, however, answer you with one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite authors of his genre. (this is usually my signature in fact, but it was "more than 3 lines" and got rejected here.)

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Robert A. Heinlein
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I try not to promote, advocate, or discuss willfully breaking the law on forums. Many have rules against such behavior. I will, however, answer you with one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite authors of his genre. (this is usually my signature in fact, but it was "more than 3 lines" and got rejected here.)

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Robert A. Heinlein
    I dig the quotation.
    ""Chance favors the well prepared mind" - Louis Pastuer

-Blakester

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast