What is the best shotgun ammo for home defense? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What is the best shotgun ammo for home defense?

"What is the best shotgun ammo for home defense?" can we get a question be any more ambiguous that this, really?
    ~
    What you are going to shot will be determined by what you are going to shoot with and where you are going to shoot it, who is around besides you and the BG, not to mention what's the construction of your environment and what's your environment outside the home.
    ~
    Too many variables for any one answer to be the correct for all circumstances.
    ~
    In my environment with only my wife and I in the house and due to the home design, shooting through walls might come into play when knowing who is hiding on the other side. This is not the answer an apartment dweller and row house owner would use to fill his needs.
    ~
    So, I contend that a subjective answer to this question would be whatever you deem appropriate to needs and environment and only the individual can determine what to use.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

3. I use low recoil #4 buck in a h&r pump. I also keep a short double barrel loaded with brenneke slugs behind the bedroom door.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345