380 Handgun?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 380 Handgun??

.380 is a fine carry gun. I often carry my PPK in .380 with two spare mags. It conceals well and I can slip a spare mag in my pocket and the other spare mag in my sog knife pouch. The SOG knife goes in my other pocket. Like many have said before me, a .380 is better than the .45 you leave at home.

Quote Originally Posted by TXRN View Post
    I plan to buy hydrashocks to load it with but FMJ's are fine for the range.
    You may want to look at Golden Sabers. I have had very good results with them in our Bersa
    Those who would, deny, require permit, qualification, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

4. I used the hydo's in my Bersa 380 worked great.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I have a .380 8 round single stack which I use Winchester 85G Silvertip HPJ. Great little weapon for a hideout. I have a Ruger P95PR which I feed it Golden Saber 147G HPJ.

The .380 is more than 60 years old and all steel construction, very little recoil and great to shoot. The 95 I'm still breaking in and getting used to.

The .380 is a knife fighting weapon. Small to carry and easy to shoot. I've had it for more than 30 years and it still fires like the day I got it.

Due to work constraints, my daily carry is a Kel-Tec P3AT charged with Winchester SXT. The SXT is the "politically correct" replacement for the "Black Talon". Good penetration and positive expansion. At least that's what Winchester advertises

Hornady, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    That really is a good. If 2 mm is all that separates the .380 from the 9mm, I could learn to shoot one. I could certainly trust my life more with one of those than I could with the 9mm POS Hi Point I currently own.
    Hey, Tatt. don't forget about the 35-45 grains of bullet weight, too! And go ahead and send that POS Hi Point to me. I don't want you to sully your arsenal with it. I hope that your recovery is going well. Cursed your physical therapist yet?

By the bye, has anyone had any experience with the Hornady critical defense ammunition? I know that Hornady is expensive, but it is usually worth it.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

I own a Walther PPK/S .380 and it's accurate and dependable. It will be a carry gun when my Springfield XD-45 Compact is not practicle to take along on a motorcycle trip. If you can put that .380 bullet where you want to hit, it will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Hey, Tatt. don't forget about the 35-45 grains of bullet weight, too! And go ahead and send that POS Hi Point to me. I don't want you to sully your arsenal with it. I hope that your recovery is going well. Cursed your physical therapist yet?

By the bye, has anyone had any experience with the Hornady critical defense ammunition? I know that Hornady is expensive, but it is usually worth it.
    There is a good discussion on the Hornady Here:

Talking Nice writeup on the ammo.

Thanks, Jes!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Anybody have the CZ 83? Are they worth the cost? How about the Glock 28... anyone here have one? Are they the usual "Glock" performer?

CZ 83
    Last edited by Glockster20; 02-11-2009 at 09:35 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast