380 Handgun?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 380 Handgun??

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    How about the Glock 28... anyone here have one? Are they the usual "Glock" performer?
    A lot of people would love to have a 28 but they are illegal for civilian sales in the US. LE agencies can get them but private ownership will land you in federal prison. They were designed for sale in countries that don't allow civilians to own a firearm that fires military rounds. The BATF says they don't meet their point scale for import. What ever that is...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    A lot of people would love to have a 28 but they are illegal for civilian sales in the US. LE agencies can get them but private ownership will land you in federal prison. They were designed for sale in countries that don't allow civilians to own a firearm that fires military rounds. The BATF says they don't meet their point scale for import. What ever that is...
    WOW! I had no idea!! Interesting to say the least! Yeah I would like to know why it doesn't meet their "point scale". Appreciate the info.
    Last edited by Glockster20; 02-11-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    ~~ The BATF says they don't meet their point scale for import. What ever that is...
    ?What Ever That is??? Any of the LEOs out undersand this?
    Semper Fi

I have a .380acp cobra that I bought about 6 years ago and I gotta say that its a piece of s!*t. I shot about 200 rounds with it and now it seems to jam on me every time I use it there after. I cleaned after I used it each time but it still seems to jam on me. If anyone has any advice I'd much appreciate it. Now I carry a S&W .40 as my ccw. And I've had no problems with it to date.

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    ?What Ever That is??? Any of the LEOs out undersand this?
    From Wiki;

"Glock 25 or 28 pistols are not available to the general public in the United States, because a small pistol chambered for the .380 ACP cartridge does not meet the "sporting purposes" criteria for importation of pistols under the Gun Control Act of 1968, according to the BATFE's point system.[30]"

So going by this info, I have another question; Why are other .380 imports allowed?? Like the CZ 83, Walther PPK, Makarov, etc.?
    Last edited by Glockster20; 02-12-2009 at 08:54 AM.

7. I have a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace Laser Grips. It is great for walking the dog, going to the 7-11, or for any quick trip.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234