380 Handgun??
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 380 Handgun??

380 Handgun??

Is the 380 a good gun? I see that Frank manch has one on here ( sorry if the name is not spelled right). I do not know much about ammo. So at the risk of sounding like a dumb ass how does it go 380,9mm,45? Or no? is the 380 below the 9mm? How much kick does it have? would it be good for some one who does not really shoot guns much? Reason why i ask is i may be able to pick up a 380 not sure what make it is ( i think it may be a BERSA THUNDER two tone). But any way i may be able to pick one up for 250 with 3 mags, holster,keys to the gun lock on it. Box it came in and 100 rounds of JHP's. It would not be for me it would be for my wife so any feed back would be great. She would not be using it for CC as she does not have a permit it would just be a range gun and home Protection gun, and maybe later on a CC gun if she wants to get her permit.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. Nobody will tell you that .380 is a "premium" self-defense gun. But with modern ammo like Federal's Hydra-Shocks it a respectable choice. I used to carry a Walther PPK/s and never felt undergunned as long as I had the proper ammo. I went from it to a S&W 342 strictly on weight issues.

The 9mm Luger (also called Parabellum) and the .380ACP (also called 9mm Kurz) both use .355 bullets, so as far as caliber is concerned they are identical.

The Bersa has a pretty good rep.

Personally, if I wanted a range and home-defense gun, for the same money, I would look for a 4-inch .38 Special, or maybe a .357 andplan to use .38s in it. YMMV.

PS... What is the source of your signature clip?

I got it from a guy over on the M&P forums, it's from the movie collateral, The part in my Sig has come to be called "Yo hommie is that my briefcase" Yeah I don't know if will buy idk don't really need it. want my M&P before that lol.

The Bersa .380 is a good gun. I got one and I have shoot 100;s of rounds thru it with no problem. Easy conceal and actuate. I like it . good deal on all extras if you buy it. range shooting i use inexpensive bullets, cc i load federal hydro shock.

I have a Kel-Tec P3AT that I pocket carry. They are not bad if you use good ammo. 90 gn CorBon will give you around 1000 fps and about 200 flbs of energy. All the .380 is is a 9mm short. It will stop someone!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Sure beats a knife.Also beats a 45 left at home because it is to big.

Bersa

I have the Bersa CC380 (concealed carry model) and it is great. I don't think a BG would know the difference between a 9mm or a 380 at contact distances. I like the remington golden sabers for carry. Go to :: Bersa Talk :: - Forums. Good info, good people.

Please be certain that your wife likes it! I bought one for my wife and ended up selling it because she didn't like the way it fit her hand. Also please be sure that no matter what you get, she practices on a REGULAR basis iwth it to remain competent. Too many times I've witnessed well intentioned husbands buying handguns for their ladies, only to have them handle it a few times and then put it on a shelf somewhere waiting for the day it's needed. When that day comes, they may be totally unprepared to fire it safely and accurately.
    Conflict is inevitable, combat is a choice!

I have a Bersa 380 that I bought about 3 yrs ago new, there was a problem with it and Bersa REPLACED the gun, how many gun companies would do that? The Bersa is a good carry also..

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I have a Kel-Tec P3AT that I pocket carry. They are not bad if you use good ammo. 90 gn CorBon will give you around 1000 fps and about 200 flbs of energy. All the .380 is is a 9mm short. It will stop someone!
    A little off topic but how are the Corbon? I am looking at them in 9mm for the m&P would love to here how they work. Ok back on topic now yeah we talked about it and for a little more i can pick up that Moss 590 sp. So thats what we are going to do is get the shotgun and not the hand gun.
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; 09-14-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast