What would you do? regarding the gun laws in your state.....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do? regarding the gun laws in your state.....

What would you do? regarding the gun laws in your state.....

Just to spark a conversation about the topic, What do you think should be done about gun laws and gun control? Don't be shy or hold back but please keep it clean.

Would you prefer the "Leftists" make all the laws for us? Would you prefer to speak your mind and let them know that is not OK for them to take your rights away? Do you think it is so far gone that it is better to wait it out and hopefully you don't get caught up in the middle of it?

I personally would prefer to make the laws by the people (gun owners) for the people (gun owners). don't take this to heart but I think that too many of us are lazy and have the mentality that someone else will take care of it.

3. Got that right too many sit back and let some one else do it.

As an American, it's my duty and obligation to not follow Unconstitutional and unjust laws passed by domestic enemy terrorists.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of my biggest fears are that the Government will decide that "We" don't have anymore rights and that "They" (Our Current Dictatorship) are the only ones who will. I say Dictatorship because when our Government forces us to buy a product or service (ObamaCare) We are no longer free to make our own decisions. This in my book is a dictatorship and our rights as "Free" Americans are already gone.

This will force all of us sheeple to take a side. Side A is live that way under dictatorship and Side B is to remove our current Government and start a new. I have a problem picturing either one but I can see it wont be pretty for either side.

If I had my way, the Second Amendment would be the only law concerning firearms there was. Until that day comes (if ever), I will follow the existing laws so the antis have no excuse to say gun owners are belligerent and have no regard for the law. While doing what I can to change them, of course.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

We need to keep the press on at both state and federal level to remove bad laws, or at least get them modified to be less bad.

Sometimes we have to push for more laws, ones that clarify what 2A should make clear. Such things as parking lot law, reducing the prohibited places, improved Castle Doctrine and SYG laws.

In a perfect world, 2A would the beginning and ending of the discussion. But nothing is perfect.

Speaking to the subject line of this thread, which doesn't seem to be where the OP actually went, in my state I'd like to see a couple laws that have been proposed but didn't quite make it a few times pass and be signed:
    - Parking lot law
    - Campus carry

I'd also like a positive Castle Doctrine law - something similar to the recent one in WI would be good.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

I agree that to many have let a bunch of lib-o-rat gun hating idiots get elected. But I believe that most people were to busy working, raising a family and trying to build their lives. They were unable to keep up with all the crap the elected idiots were doing. Besides the MSM was not telling anyone the truth. But after Sandy Hook the lib-o-rat anti's make a huge grab and people woke up. Gun and ammo sales went through the roof. It is said that gun ownership is over 50% in a lot of states. But I believe that it is much higher. The American people have been buying guns for over 200 years and passing them down to their heirs. Granted some may not be safe to fire but Americans like their firearms and when the anti's made their grab the people stopped them. Also the American people know the anti's have not gave up the fight to take our guns.

So we should keep up the fight and keep warning the American people that unless they vote ALL the anti gun lib-o-rats out they will lose their guns and their right to ever own one again.

ezkl2230 Guest
    I can tell you that I am fully involved and active. The only way I could be more active would be to run for office myself. My legislators hear from me frequently on any number of matters. I am still pushing in Michigan to get legislation passed that would recognize that businesses are not truly private property in the same sense as one's home, forcing business owners to recognize our Constitutional/civil right to bear arms (both as customers AND employees), to do away with gun free zones altogether, to establish OC/CC parity, and to make Michigan an attractive destination for firearms manufacturers. We already have an extensive pool of experienced, out of work machinists and engineers from which to draw!

I, too, am fully involved and active. My state and federal legislators hear from me by phone, fax, email and snail mail regularly. (They're probably pretty tired of hearing from me) Sometimes I feel like iI'm treading water. But, even in CA, we were able to convince the governor to veto quite a few anti-gun bills this session. That doesn't mean the fight is over. We still have to work hard to repeal the old laws and keep new ones from being passed. We also need to vote out any and all politicians who try to go around the Constitution.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons" General MacArthur

This

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...t-reading.html

is part of what I already do and will continue to do to affect the attitudes of society. You see... no amount of badgering politicians will have any effect unless we can get thousands of folks to badger those politicians. And to get thousands of folks to vote for pro gun politicians. And to do that we must first educate and change the attitudes of the everyday person.............

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast