House bill to boost tax on ammo by 50% and tax on gun sales by 20%

Thread: House bill to boost tax on ammo by 50% and tax on gun sales by 20%

House bill to boost tax on ammo by 50% and tax on gun sales by 20%

I got a notice from a friend, a print out of a bill being put up to boost the federal excise tax on ammunition to 50% and a rasie on some firearms to 20%.
    Bill H.R 3018 "Gun violence prevention and safe communities act of 2013" sponsored by, Rep. Danny K. Davis (D-IL) and Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-NJ_.

basically it looks like what they cant ban - they plan to tax beyond the reach of most law abiding people. because we all know taxes dont hurt criminals!

I looked online for further info about it to post with this.

Dems sponsor bill for 20% tax on guns, 50% on ammo - BizPac Review

Democrats In Congress Introduce New 20% Gun Tax & 50% Ammo Tax | Right Wing News

Reps. Davis and Pascrell Introduce Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act

3. Actions like this are why I've been saying that even taxing armaments of any kind and the components that make them viable "ammo to arrows, to powder to pellets" is also an infringement, as it will keep lower income Americans from excersizing they're God Given, Second Amendment Rights!! No Infrigement means None Of Any Kind!!

The Second Amendment protects All Rights!!

ezkl2230 Guest
    These two are the only two legislators backing the bill. Similar bills have been proposed in the past, none have made it out of committee. Bill Tracker gives the bill a less than 1% chance of even getting out of committee. This bill is has one purpose - to establish the anti-gun bona fides of the sponsors right before the November mid-terms. They are probably hoping that this will result in a last minute infusion of funds from Bloomberg to give them the boost they need to keep their seats.

5. You can't fix stupid.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.