Can Carrying a Gun Lead to Recklessness? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Can Carrying a Gun Lead to Recklessness?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 5.80%
  • No

39 56.52%
  • Sometimes

24 34.78%
  • Undecided

2 2.90%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Can Carrying a Gun Lead to Recklessness?

1. Damn there are some whiny assed people on this forum
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Blog Entries
    I agree with Blues and will not and did not vote.....I can't comment on all of society but only my feelings and those of my friends both young and old. Having a concealed weapons permit in your state and carrying a legal weapon comes with great responsibility, I have carried long enough now so that putting the pistol in my belt is no different than putting my wallet in my back pocket each morning. I know the fire arm is there and ready to fire as soon as I draw it. I have no desire to fight, don't want confrontations, I don't brandish my weapon or brag that I am carrying a weapon legally, don't even want to take it off from my belt until I get home. Nor do my friends, we just want and need the comfort level that we have an equalizer if confronted by the bad guy. We will protect our family and our lives!!!!!!. Bad guys beware, you back an individual into a corner these days, one who you think is a good target, your apt to get the shock of your life.

I think maybe we're not going anywhere productive here. Can we just call this whole thing a truce and move along? We've shared our views. I think the OP has what he came for.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

can driving a fast car lead to recklessness? can drinking too much alcohol lead to recklessness? can eating the wrong foods lead to recklessness? can not getting enough sleep lead to recklessness?
    this is a foolish question, the implement does not cause reckless actions a person does.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    can driver a fast car lead to recklessness? can drinking too much alcohol lead to recklessness? can eating the wrong foods lead to recklessness? can not getting enough sleep lead to recklessness?
    this is a foolish question, the implement does not cause reckless actions a person does.
    Do you feel safer when you wear a seat belt, and therefore drive faster in a vehicle than you would without a seat belt? Yes, ultimately you are responsible for your own actions, but the brain and body run on chemistry and current, and as such, can be affected by external factors and stimuli. It can become a fairly complex discussion, but I also agree with you that as I mentioned before, the question itself could use some significant re-wording.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

The responsibility of carrying an instrument capable of causing death has made me LESS rash and MORE cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Do you feel safer when you wear a seat belt, and therefore drive faster in a vehicle than you would without a seat belt?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Blue View Post
    I thought you had a brain,Blues. But you're just another hapless dolt. Being on your ignore list has to be a very high honor. A jackass with a ego larger than the Grand Canyon.3,216 posts and nothing of consequence has come forth yet.

It could happen some day.I'll never put you on ignore, Blues. Your ignorance and easily hurt girly feelings are too much fun to watch. Goodbye, sad,pitiful wretch.

I just realized,Blues will never read this love letter. He has me on ignore.
    36 posts by you so far compared to 3218 posts. A good number of your posts have been personally attacking and insulting. However, the vast majority of Blues's have been informative, enlightening, and thought provoking.

I'm not sure why you have conducted a poll and then decided to be a provocateur against those who tried to respond to it. I asked this once and you did not answer. Instead you decided to resort to name calling. It's odd at best and extremely childish at most. You mentioned to me earlier that I was a Fire Breather when I pointed out conduct by you that was ill-mannered and you stated that it wasn't directed toward me, so I should stand down. I probably will here shortly since you are proving yourself more and more to be a provocateur rather than one who actually wants to provide good spirited debate, provide good honest opinions, or provide good reference. This last post by you that I'm quoting is quite appalling. It is something akin to how a teenager acts when they want to start a fight with someone. No one wants to fight you. We would appreciate it if you were more civil.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

10. Ok, the poll could have been worded better but that’s no reason to dog pile the OP.
    I don’t think the gun changes your personality, if you’re the kind of ass that thinks a gun or a computer screen makes you BMOC odds are you were that guy before but now you think the gun or the computer screen renders you safe from any meaningful retaliation.
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

No, I don't think so. Reckless people were probably reckless long before the gun came into the picture. I'd rather be able to defend myself from a reckless person, than worry about the tool itself.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast