50 caliber sniper rifle - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 caliber sniper rifle

Quote Originally Posted by tcotariu View Post
    Previous versions of the .50 BMG Sniper Rifles did ot all have a magazine. Thus they were only single shot rifles. In the case of these rifles, yes, it could take 15 20 seconds to reload the weapon.

The issue I had was when he said that the .308 was the standard round of the AK. The 7.63 x 39 (origonally the standard AK round) is not the same round as the .308 and he has enough experience that he should know that.
    I was thinking the same thing about the .308 comment. the last time I checked (and happen to have one) the standard round for an AK-47 is in fact 7.62x39
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I've fired many many rounds through a .50 in my career....
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

The M2 was considered an offensive weapon due to hi-cal and round composition plus the HUGE damage it did to human bodies: KA-SPLAT, so we were told to shoot only at a BG's web-gear, and that is Gospel! The 'get around' when some wise-ass medic tried to duck the training. If they didn't want us to use 'em then I wonder why we had one on every tracked vehicle in our inventory/TO&E: M113/577 that was a field ambulance/Aid Station (Mech Infantry) and still is today. So as Army medics we had to qualify with the grunts and tankers and BFV crews. Single shot sniping at distances up to 1,000 meters was some incredible triaining, we picked up the term that any soldier who was screwing up a job bad had to have his/her 'head-space and timing adjusted', I wonder if that saying still is around?
    .50's are a great way to clear a route to a soldier down even if the Geneva Convention says non-combatants (medics/Chaplains) should not play with such lethal stuff, we sure did.
    My 10-cents and out of here,

Canis-Lupus

5. Soninlaw was not given a silver star when rescuing Miss Lynch because he was using a ma-duce to stop incoming fire when they went in. 7 confirmed killed .This was given to him in writing by his CO.

6. Yes "Operator head space and timing" is still used as a term of endearment for the Knuckleheads who screw up.

[IMG][/IMG]

Me, back in 2005

[IMG][/IMG]

Two Marines in my Sniper Plt.

The commentary was good.
    "Gun a Month" Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    .50's are a great way to clear a route to a soldier down even if the Geneva Convention says non-combatants (medics/Chaplains) should not play with such lethal stuff, we sure did.
    My 10-cents and out of here,
    B]
    I can't help but wonder about the Geneva Conventions and the Hague Accords...When do we EVER hear about them except when one of our people MIGHT have rubbed up against the limits of one? I'm sure the taliban,al quaida,Hezbola,PLO,P-IRA,and hamas ALL follow them to the letter...don't they?
    I think,and this is only my think,that not many people or governments seem to care about them except us,untill they,or the left-wing back stabbing media thinks that one of our fighting men or women broke one.

Good post,CL.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12