50 caliber sniper rifle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 caliber sniper rifle

50 caliber sniper rifle

a short video about the Barrett M107 50 caliber sniper rifle.

YouTube - Barrett M107 .50 Caliber sniper rifle
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

The Barrett .50 BMG was included in Arthur's Hall's list of the 10 manliest firearms of all time. See here:

10 Manliest Firearms: by Michael Z. Williamson, SMLE, Mosin-Nagant M44, Swiss K31 Carbine, Remington 870

4. Seriously, who takes 15-20 seconds to cycle a bolt action rifle? What are you using if that's the case?

5. 50 caliber sniper rifle

Not to be nit-picky, but who can handle a rifle with a bore of four feet two inches? that is what a 50 caliber would be. Don't you mean a .50 calibre rifle? that works out to a half inch in diameter.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by bplv View Post
    Seriously, who takes 15-20 seconds to cycle a bolt action rifle? What are you using if that's the case?
    Oswald supposedly shot Kennedy 3 times in less than 6 seconds. I know personally at the range I can chamber a round and fire it in WAY less than 15 seconds.

I wonder what the recoil is like on one of these .50 cals. Any one have an idea?
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    Not to be nit-picky, but who can handle a rifle with a bore of four feet two inches? that is what a 50 caliber would be. Don't you mean a .50 calibre rifle? that works out to a half inch in diameter.
    I am sure everybody got what I said and understood it. everything will be ok I am sure.

Oswald supposedly shot Kennedy 3 times in less than 6 seconds.

Supposedly is the key word here.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Oswald supposedly shot Kennedy 3 times in less than 6 seconds.

Supposedly is the key word here.
    don't think I quite buy that with a bolt action, then have to aim again after every shot.

[QUOTE=capo2186;37778]Oswald supposedly shot Kennedy 3 times in less than 6 seconds. I know personally at the range I can chamber a round and fire it in WAY less than 15 seconds.

I wonder what the recoil is like on one of these .50 cals. Any one have an idea?[/QUOTE]

I've been told that with the muzzle brake, the recoil is similar to that of a 12 gauge shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by bplv View Post
    Seriously, who takes 15-20 seconds to cycle a bolt action rifle? What are you using if that's the case?
    Previous versions of the .50 BMG Sniper Rifles did ot all have a magazine. Thus they were only single shot rifles. In the case of these rifles, yes, it could take 15 – 20 seconds to reload the weapon.

The issue I had was when he said that the .308 was the standard round of the AK. The 7.63 x 39 (origonally the standard AK round) is not the same round as the .308 and he has enough experience that he should know that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast