9 mm?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 mm?

1. 9 mm?

anyone else seeing a shortage of 9mm (other than the "usual" wait times). In SE WI I haven't seen it for over a month. I see 40, 45, etc. on the shelves but not 9. At Walmart the same 2 boxes of 40 have been there for a week.

Yeah 9mm and 22 Long Rifle can both be kind of hard to find right now. I'm definitely seeing it more often now than about 6 months ago but it still tends to go pretty fast. The Walmart where I work also tends to remain in stock with say 45 acp and 40 S&W but I guess 9mm is just so much more popular and not to mention it's more affordable when you can get your hands on it.

4. Walmart has the best price, but I have not been able to get any shell either. I have been told to get there really early when they restock the shelfs.

Other than that, you can go to the local gun/pawn shop and get gouged.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by maestromsv View Post
    Walmart has the best price, but I have not been able to get any shell either. I have been told to get there really early when they restock the shelfs.

Other than that, you can go to the local gun/pawn shop and get gouged.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2
    I don't even bother looking at wal-wart, and yes most of the gun/pawn shop are high. I order online and go shoot as often as I want. Got a case of 9mm on the way right now.

I've got plenty of 9 and .40, on hand, but still haven't figured out where all the 22LR is, unless people are shoot on the cheap and shoot their 22's more.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

The Iowa ammunition situation is about the same as Wisconsin. The 9mm, .22LR, and .30-30 are really difficult to find. Most other calibers are available although more expensive than a year ago. I did get lucky in late September when I attended my college reunion. The Wal-Mart in Pella, Iowa on a Friday afternoon had 9mm and was allowing customers to buy 3 boxes of 100, each. The price was a very reasonable $25.00 per box. I think, however, that this was just a freak occurrence. I guess I will get some badly needed and rare target practice.

7. 9 mm?

Check out www.freedommunitions.com. They have about the best prices on ammo and if you are military or LEO, they offer 5% off. I've shot 5K+ rounds of their ammo (9mm, .45 and .223) and have never had any problems with reliability or accuracy.

I buy online and have it shipped right to my door. Check this out:

gun-deals.com - User-Submitted Gun & Ammunition Deals
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

9mm is becoming more available. Not in overabundance, but still it can be found locally in Atlanta area. Adventure outdoors had it for $0.23 a round. Here's a FB picture they posted just this week.

Attached Images Attached Images 9 mm?-733914_707113019318528_520810221_n.jpg 

10. Quote Originally Posted by chris1st View Post
    Check out Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions | Handgun Ammo & Rifle Ammo. They have about the best prices on ammo and if you are military or LEO, they offer 5% off. I've shot 5K+ rounds of their ammo (9mm, .45 and .223) and have never had any problems with reliability or accuracy.
    Thanks. I'm going to try the RM from freedom but admit to being a bit nervous. Paid .30/rd including shipping.

11. I get my all my ammo from Freedom Ammunition

Different company with a similar name. They are in Ohio. 9mm is .25/rd

I have never had a problem with their ammo.

Their ammo sells quick so you have to check site often to see if its in stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast