Vehicle vault

Thread: Vehicle vault

1. Vehicle vault

Wife drives a 2005 Honda CRV. Any suggestions on a vault or means of securing a firearm and still maintain easy access?

If she's driving the vehicle, I don't really see a need to hvae the weapon secured.. it should just be easy to access in something like a DeSantis Kingston seat holster. If she's not in the car, the firearm should go with her, or be secured, but at that point when securing the gun, I don't see why ease of access would come into play?
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    If she's driving the vehicle, I don't really see a need to hvae the weapon secured.. it should just be easy to access in something like a DeSantis Kingston seat holster. If she's not in the car, the firearm should go with her, or be secured, but at that point when securing the gun, I don't see why ease of access would come into play?
    Unless she has to walk into a GFZ (school, courthouse, federal building, etc.)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by tomfeeny636 View Post
    Wife drives a 2005 Honda CRV. Any suggestions on a vault or means of securing a firearm and still maintain easy access?
    I would find something that couldn't easily be jimmied quickly and I would suggest something that has a coated steel cable to wrap around the seat frame. The only way for the BG to steal it should be to steal your vehicle.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Gunvault makes a great produces. They are a little more expensive. They use a key or touch pad for quick access. It only opens for those that have been set up to open it. Here is the link. Gun Safes - Home Gun Safe - Handgun Safes | GunVault | GunVault , Amazon has others as well or your local gun store.