Another reason to carry concealed everyday - Shooting at LAX - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Another reason to carry concealed everyday - Shooting at LAX

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    Thanks blues for clarifying on how religion fits into this thread. Yes I was puzzled for a moment until I read your last post.
    You're quite welcome if my post was helpful to you finding understanding, but that was not really my intent. I thought Ringo could not have been more clear about how The Bible and prophecy fit into this thread, as well as many other things going on around this spec of sand we call Planet Earth. I was responding to the implication that Ringo "...can't process tragedy without clinging to something comforting like the [B]ible" as if the only thing Ringo was speaking of was the shooting at LAX. Just read his post. Clearly, he was talking about many signs, and showing how LAX fits into prophecy, not trying to connect prophecy to LAX because he's somehow incapable of "processing tragedy without clinging to something comforting like The Bible." "Clinging to The Bible" is reminiscent of Barack Hussein Obama, and has no business being used from one ostensible gun-rights supporter towards another on a gun rights site. In April of '08, Obama said, among a litany of other brainless blather:

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
    Whether it's "as a way to explain their frustrations" or "...can't process tragedy without clinging to something comforting like the [B]ible," both utterances are dismissive and derisive of another person's deeply-held beliefs.

I wasn't trying to clarify Ringo's broaching the subject of The Bible, I was rebuking a person who sounded more like Obama than a gun rights supporter for dismissing Ringo as being worthy of consideration.

The preceding was intended to clarify my previous remarks. LOL

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    where do you see a conclusion? I just don't accept at face value the so called "facts" that have been presented
    You came to the conclusion that the cops took so long to get there that all the bystanders had time to leave the area...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    You came to the conclusion that the cops took so long to get there that all the bystanders had time to leave the area...
    was there a cop stationed at the check point? according to the media reports no, was a cop close by? according to the media reports, here is a conclusion for you scared sheeple can move really fast when they hear a gunshot, even if the coppers arrived in 90 seconds from the first shot going off, in 90 seconds that checkpoint was cleared out, that is an assumption/conclusion that I'll stand by.

was there a cop stationed at the check point? according to the media reports no, was a cop close by? according to the media reports, here is a conclusion for you scared sheeple can move really fast when they hear a gunshot, even if the coppers arrived in 90 seconds from the first shot going off, in 90 seconds that checkpoint was cleared out, that is an assumption/conclusion that I'll stand by.
    Why am I not surprised?

Here's what KGW in Portland had to say:

"...The suspect walked through an "exit" lane reserved for passengers leaving the secure area of the airport, pulled the .223-caliber semiautomatic assault-style rifle out of a bag and opened fire at the security checkpoint, officials said.

As he walked through the terminal, still firing, airport police pursued him. At a cluster of restaurants in the rear of the terminals, near the waiting area for some of the gates, they shot him several times in the chest, law-enforcement sources said...

...When the gunfire erupted, travelers who were waiting to snake through the security line suddenly had to abandon their suitcases and hit the ground.

'We were just standing there in line and somebody started shooting,' said Nick Pugh, a witness, who told NBC Los Angeles that he heard eight to 10 shots. "Everyone dropped to the floor and started crawling along the ground."

The shooting brought one of the nation’s busiest airports to a standstill..."

We've got an airport terminal on a Friday, so it's going to be a busy place, but you go right ahead and standby your conclusion.

I'm done here!
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

1. in many states airport terminals are no carry zone, so all of y'all mall ninjas would not have been armed in the terminal
    2. in a crowded environment are you going to take a shot at a BG? unless he is within bad breath distance a shot taken in a crowd like was present in that terminal is a recipe for a long jail stint
    Haven't seen any mall ninjas around here, apvbguy. Besides, it was an airport terminal. Can't be a mall ninja in an airport terminal.

Wonder how long you expect it to remain a crowded environment once someone starts shooting. Me, I would expect to have a clear shot, if I were so inclined and it was someplace where I had the weapon available, pretty quickly after rounds started going off. Sheeple they may be, but they're not that freakin' stupid. (Now, would I take the shot even if it was clear? (Shrugs.) That would depend, methinks.)
    www.inshadowinlight.com
    I don't care as much about making you more "tactical" as I do about making you better able to be the one still standing after the fight is over.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345