.32 acp - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .32 acp

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I just bought a box of 50 .32's from Wal Mart today. I have to be careful to get the flat nose FMJ or the rounds will bind in the magazine of my Kel Tec P32. Although the round nose will work in my Nagant revolver with the .32 conversion cylinder installed.

The difference in felt recoil between the diminutive P32 and the full size Nagant is remarkable with the P32 becoming very uncomfortable after just a few magazines fired but the Nagant could be fired all day..... yet they are both firing .32 ACP.
    The same applies to many other rounds in different sized guns. I own 3 different guns in .40S&W. A Sig P-250C, A S&W CS40, and a S&W 4006. That is 3 different sizes and weights. The CS40 is a handful and no joy to shoot many times in one day. One mag full reminds you why S&W dropped that model so quickly. The Sig is a bit heavier but more importantly, larger. Allows for a full grip on the gun. Bothersome after a few mags worth of ammo but not like the S&W CS40 after just one. 4006, can't say anything bad about it really. It and the .40S&W round were designed to work together from the start. Even a mag full fired rapid fire and for accuracy is not bad. 11 rounds in 5 seconds as a speed example.

As for guns in .22LR, most of mine are larger or as large as my .45ACP guns. Main differences there are weight and recoil. Even the RIA 1911 A1 CS is not a bad gun to shoot as it is heavy and absorbs the recoil just as the Kimber 1911 ARF is light and soaks up the .22LR's recoil.

In .32 I don't have any .32ACP guns as they just don't do anything for me. .380ACP is better for defense and .32 Colt Police/ .32 S&W Long or .32-20WCF are more fun.

But .32ACP in cluznar's gun vs the .45ACP in my Sig C3, no contest. The bigger round wins. His .32 vs the Kimber 1911 ARF the smaller round and gun combo wins. Even more so with high velocity .22LR rounds.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post

But .32ACP in cluznar's gun vs the .45ACP in my Sig C3, no contest. The bigger round wins. His .32 vs the Kimber 1911 ARF the smaller round and gun combo wins. Even more so with high velocity .22LR rounds.
    Ill take my Kimber 1911 over a .32 any day. Cluz may not feel undergunned with a .32 but I feel undergunned with anything smaller than a 9mm, and I only carry 9mm for deep concealment.

I think .32acp has a place, it's just a very small one. It is correctly considered a back-up caliber or a last resort, deep concealment option. When choosing to carry small caliber weapons, you have to understand that accuracy is vital. That's all... carry what you're comfortable with...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

As I said above, my P32 is my BUG.
    Maybe I don't notice the recoil from the 32 because my main EDC is my 45 ACP. That I do notice, but it doesn't bother me.
    YMMV
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

6. Today people feel that bigger is better, but the fact is that a .32 or even a .22 in the pocket is still better than a .45 left at home. Now the debate is "well I always have my .45 so it works for me." I say that is great but not for everyone one. I prefer smaller caliber pocket pistols for carry as it's more comfortable and also the fact is even a .45 handgun is less than idea for combat and if I knew I was going to a gun fight I would take a rifle. I don't plan on getting in a gun fight today or tomorrow and statics show that just the presentation of a firearm is usually enough to stop a crime and get a situation under control because the old fact is still true that no one wants to be shot. Just my simple outlook on it. There is much more to my think such as proficiency, speed and concealment but I will end it with that.

In closing .32 is a great carry weapon but men will always think bigger is better, I once did. More old timers tend to carry small calibers as they know they worked in years gone and will still work today for self defense. The thing to remember is the difference between self defense and combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Robinson View Post
    Today people feel that bigger is better, but the fact is that a .32 or even a .22 in the pocket is still better than a .45 left at home. Now the debate is "well I always have my .45 so it works for me." I say that is great but not for everyone one. I prefer smaller caliber pocket pistols for carry as it's more comfortable and also the fact is even a .45 handgun is less than idea for combat and if I knew I was going to a gun fight I would take a rifle. I don't plan on getting in a gun fight today or tomorrow and statics show that just the presentation of a firearm is usually enough to stop a crime and get a situation under control because the old fact is still true that no one wants to be shot. Just my simple outlook on it. There is much more to my think such as proficiency, speed and concealment but I will end it with that.

In closing .32 is a great carry weapon but men will always think bigger is better, I once did. More old timers tend to carry small calibers as they know they worked in years gone and will still work today for self defense. The thing to remember is the difference between self defense and combat.
    Even when compared to other .32 rounds, the .32ACP pales. .32 H&R Magnum, .32-20WCF, .327 Federal Mag out perform it.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

8. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Even when compared to other .32 rounds, the .32ACP pales. .32 H&R Magnum, .32-20WCF, .327 Federal Mag out perform it.
    Apples to oranges. That is like saying .45 colt out performs .45 acp. Two of those rounds are almost extinct... Either way I think you completely missed the point I was making regarding small caliber handguns.

When you talk to old timers you see many have owned large caliber handguns and would shoot them. But as they got older, because of having
    more knowledge of guns and shooting, they switch to a smaller caliber for carry and self defense. I know two older shooters who carry .380 and three who carry .32 acp and two who carry a .22lr and these guys all say they are comfortable with them for protection. You must remember that 99% of all who carry will never even need to use their gun. There are no more Indians taking scalps or any John Dillenger's around that you need worry about. Sure there are mass shootings, in which case I would want a gun with at least a 3.5 inch barrel, preferably a 4inch or longer barrel, but then will you ever be involved in a mass shooting? Having a gun is better than no gun if you need it, no matter what caliber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12