Guns & Ammo Magazine Supports Gun Control
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns & Ammo Magazine Supports Gun Control

Guns & Ammo Magazine Supports Gun Control

Guns & Ammo Supports Gun Control | The Truth About Guns

Any thoughts on this doozy? Talk about someone with absolutely no understanding of the Bill of Rights.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I wouldnt put the entire magazine in the category of believing in Gun Control, instead, I would suggest the columnist or writer has some objective views. I havent read the entire article, simply dont have the time, but i personally dont feel like they believe in gun control.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Then why publish such garbage at all? Leave it to crap sites like CSGV or MDA or CtU or BradyCampaign.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Guns & Ammo learned nothing from the Jim Zumbo fiasco of several years ago.

Zumbo,one of the top gun writers of the past two generations, never recovered his mojo. Neither will the hapless Metcalf.
    When Jeff Cooper died, my G&A subscription died with him.

6. That you don't like it doesn't make this correct legal statement wrong, and G&A publishing it hardly makes it pro-gun control: “I bring this up,” Metcalf writes, “because way too many gun owners still believe that any regulation of the right to keep and bear arms is an infringement. The fact is that all Constitutional rights are regulated, always have been, and need to be.”

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    That you don't like it doesn't make this correct legal statement wrong, and G&A publishing it hardly makes it pro-gun control: “I bring this up,” Metcalf writes, “because way too many gun owners still believe that any regulation of the right to keep and bear arms is an infringement. The fact is that all Constitutional rights are regulated, always have been, and need to be.”
    Utter and complete nonsense. Please provide cites/quotes from founding-era revolutionaries who created the documents that acknowledge those rights, and who also believed they have "always" been regulated and "need" to be. Best of luck with that.

ETA: From the same article that you quote Metcalf, comes the answer to my above challenge to you.

Civil and political rights need not be codified to be protected, although most democracies worldwide do have formal written guarantees of civil and political rights. Civil rights are considered to be natural rights. Thomas Jefferson wrote in his A Summary View of the Rights of British America that “a free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.”
    I know, I know....it's immature or sophomoric or intellectually lazy or discounts the authority of SCOTUS (whatever your latest cliche is this week) to actually rely on the words of the Constitution and BoR and believe they meant what they said. To the extent that any of that *might* be true, it is many times worse for someone to believe your government-loving tripe about anything.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

That you don't like it doesn't make this correct legal statement wrong, and G&A publishing it hardly makes it pro-gun control: “I bring this up,” Metcalf writes, “because way too many gun owners still believe that any regulation of the right to keep and bear arms is an infringement. The fact is that all Constitutional rights are regulated, always have been, and need to be.”
    You're under the mistaken impression that your rights are granted to you by the government.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I didn't know that we had one of these aboard. I thought this was a 'troll free zone". Maybe we need a bigger sign.

Quote Originally Posted by shirtz1 View Post
    I didn't know that we had one of these aboard. I thought this was a 'troll free zone". Maybe we need a bigger sign.
    Are you kidding? That guy is one of the worst trolls I have seen here in a couple years.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

You have to remember Metcalf lives in the peoples republic of illinois.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast