Are you a racist if you own a gun? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Are you a racist if you own a gun?

The university explanation goes thusly:
    "The Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies at Northeastern Illinois University is housed in a building that bears historical significance. From time to time, the integrity of a plaque honoring the memory of Abraham Lincoln is questioned. Installed in the building for its opening in 1905, the plaque includes an inscription of the word "democrat" following Abraham Lincoln's name. According to building archives, the word democrat was used because Lincoln was an advocate for democracy—the political or social equality of all people. The word was not chosen to reflect a political affiliation."
    Here's the problem with that. He was a Republican, because in the truest sense of the words Democrats believe in majority rule. Everyone gets a vote in a democracy, but the 51% can steal the rights from the 49% by way of that vote. Republicans believe in individual human rights, even those of slaves, which was Lincolns stance.
    Chief

I'm pretty much neutral on any of this. You come after me or my family.........White, Black, Gay, not sure......HIGH, sober, just really ain't sure about your perception of reality. YOU threaten me and my Family, there will be consequences. Ain't saying Judge and Jury.....What I am saying is self defense against predators. Give a RATS backside who ya are!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Nah, I'm not a racist. I don't care about the color of a persons skin. If they are threatening me I will take whatever action is necessary to eliminate the threat to me and mine.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I am definitely racist. I own a black G22, a black Sig P238, a black .30-06, a black .17 HMR, and a black LMT MWS.

I own no white guns, and I don't want to own any white guns, nor purple, nor pink, nor fuschia.
    HA! Well, I guess I'm the "Rainbow Coalition" of gun-owners then, because my .45 is "white" (stainless slide/matte-finished alloy frame), one 9mm in Dark Earth, another one in black, another one that's gray (poly) and white (stainless slide), a blue shotgun and an unstated number of black rifles (maybe?) some with various colors of wood adorning them.

While I don't consider myself a knife-fighter in any way, shape, manner or form, I do happen to have folders that I carry regularly in all three of the colors you mention above. LOL My latest acquisition is this Kershaw Special Edition Blur:

Hey, nothing wrong with making a fashion statement with your weaponry! HA!

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Attachment 10670

Libs always try to twist the truth to meet their own agenda. The above is on the library at Univ. of Illinois. Interestingly enough, it was placed there in 1905 while the KKK was at it's prime and civil rights were still in the distant future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Bryant View Post
    Why is Democrat at the end of that plaque? Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. Of course, I guess that was the point you were trying to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    How could a University of higher learning F-up something like this?
    Yeah, really! It should read, "Genocidal Maniac, Constitutional Usurper, and Tyrant!"
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I like the purple, it's a nice color.
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    The term 'democrat' means one who is an advocate of social justice and of democracy. The party 'Democrat' I cannot define without LukeM getting mad at me and my language.
    In 1905, they didn't "screw" this up. They were saying that Lincoln was a 'democrat', not a Democrat. This is only getting a lot of airtime recently because someone tweeted it and then it got into Fox News' hands.
    I'm sure if it was a legitimate screw up then in the last 108 years, someone would have fixed it.
    Interestingly, Lincoln actually started in the Whig party.
    True. The Republican Party didn't exist when Lincoln started in politics. The Republican Party was started in 1854 to oppose the pro-slavery Democratic Party and those in the Whig Party who favored slavery. Lincoln was a prominent figure in the shaping of the new party. But Lincoln was never a democrat, in party or in social principle. The Whig Party was named after the founding fathers, and was dedicated very much to a republican form of government, not a democratic one. Democracy was never the desire of a Whig, and never the desire of Lincoln. Anyone claiming otherwise is just preaching ignorant, revisionist history.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

9. I'm not prejudiced, I hate everybody!
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    True. The Republican Party didn't exist when Lincoln started in politics. The Republican Party was started in 1854 to oppose the pro-slavery Democratic Party and those in the Whig Party who favored slavery. Lincoln was a prominent figure in the shaping of the new party. But Lincoln was never a democrat, in party or in social principle. The Whig Party was named after the founding fathers, and was dedicated very much to a republican form of government, not a democratic one. Democracy was never the desire of a Whig, and never the desire of Lincoln. Anyone claiming otherwise is just preaching ignorant, revisionist history.
    I personally agree with you, but this is what I have heard as the explanation from the college. Since 1908, no one has decided to change the sign. Either they had to change it or have a reason for keeping it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I'm not prejudiced, I hate everybody!
    Quote from Frank on "Everyone Loves Raymond".... I DON"T hate everyone, I only hate a few people.....

The rest i tolerate!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast