Are you a racist if you own a gun? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Are you a racist if you own a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I personally agree with you, but this is what I have heard as the explanation from the college. Since 1908, no one has decided to change the sign. Either they had to change it or have a reason for keeping it.
    I understand, and I apologize if I sounded like I was projecting that on you. I realize this is just the straw they're grasping at to justify the sign. They're the revisionists I was referring to.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

I just saw an article linked on a FB page about a shooting in Detroit wherein a man shot a 19 year old girl in the back when she knocked on his door looking for help after a car accident, if I recall. The article stated "Black girl murdered in white neighborhood."

I stated that I was tired of the liberal media making everything about race, regardless of the facts. The response from the poster began with, "I hate it when rich white people refuse to recognize racism blah blah blah."

I pointed out to this person that her statement in and of itself makes her a racist, and a bigot. I got no response.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

4. Several months ago, there were pro-second amendment rallies all over the nation. I attended the nearest one, in a community which has a fairly large black population. I was surprised, and disappointed, that not one black person was in attendance. I found that to be very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by carsong View Post
    Several months ago, there were pro-second amendment rallies all over the nation. I attended the nearest one, in a community which has a fairly large black population. I was surprised, and disappointed, that not one black person was in attendance. I found that to be very odd.
    The range I went to in Norfolk VA was about 50/50, including women, families etc. I guess you need to compare it to the working population of your area (ammo is expensive!)
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I understand, and I apologize if I sounded like I was projecting that on you. I realize this is just the straw they're grasping at to justify the sign. They're the revisionists I was referring to.
    Rhino, It's posts like this of yours that have made me realize that you never need to apologize. You have, in my opinion, always been respectful with your posts.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Rhino, It's posts like this of yours that have made me realize that you never need to apologize. You have, in my opinion, always been respectful with your posts.
    Thanks, but I'm not immune to being misunderstood, so I like to clarify sometimes just to be on the safe side.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

My guns are all black. How does that make me racist?

9. I have arms of many colors.

Clean up your desk, it's worse than mine...

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Can I discriminate against guys with pink rifles?
    Chief

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast