Is my gun still considered concealed - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is my gun still considered concealed

If some asks about a bump under you clothes just tell them it is your colostomy bag and ask them it they want to she your sh1t. That's what my cousin has done and he wears one.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

3. Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    If some asks about a bump under you clothes just tell them it is your colostomy bag and ask them it they want to she your sh1t. That's what my cousin has done and he wears one.
    I'd also ask if he would help me empty it, as it's getting a bit full if it shows...
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

I'll split hairs even further: the holster is not the firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster04 View Post
    If the tip of my holster is visible and not any part of the weapon shows is my firearm still considered concealed and legal?
    Why? There are not enough perfect holsters around? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post

That's the problem, you have been given too many breaks in life as it is

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    As there is just so many clothing options available to completely conceal a carried weapon. If you are looking for cheap, you can always go to a thrift shop and find what you may need.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster04 View Post
    That's the problem, you have been given too many breaks in life as it is
    BREAKS, you call wanting to be that law abiding citizen that we gun owners like to portray ourselves and not be the one who we read about that creates doubt about those of us who carry properly.
    ~
    Breaks, we don't need no stinking breaks, we are better than that. We don't need to skirt the law when we have ability to change it or move out of it's jurisdiction, it is your choice. Florida is in the process of questioning it's open carry aspect as we speak, have you spoke to your representative and voiced you desire to him/her to get this done for the betterment of the citizens of Florida. If you haven't you need to and if you have keep doing it and talk other like minded gun owners into contacting them also.
    ~
    In the mean time be that law abiding citizen and carry concealed, concealed being the optimal word.

Quote Originally Posted by Geosan1030 View Post
    I'll split hairs even further: the holster is not the firearm.
    To that point, the "holster" could be a cellphone case or any other similar thing...It does not HAVE to be a gun...I mean, if you can only see the tip, is really hard to tell what the rest is, no?
    And why people think they can ask somebody, what's inside your clothing? That's just kind of freaky! lol

9. If you have to fall back to playing semantics in a debate to defend your point, you've already lost.

"Concealed", according to Concealed - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary , means, ": to hide (something or someone) from sight, : to keep (something) secret." If the holster is in sight, it is not, by definition, "concealed".

If your holster sticks out from under your shirt, then you need a longer shirt, a shorter holster or a different carry method.

When I go into a post office or visit my kids' school, I remove my firearm, put it in a Galco pocket holster and secure it in my car. I don't take off the holster because it is a Crossbreed and it is a PITA to take-off and put on.

If someone sees the holster, am I breaking the law? Of course not.

The way I see it, if the gun is not visible (nor patterns, if that's the bar), then it is not being brandished nor is it visible. A partially visible holster might buy you a conversation from law enforcement, but if no one can see the gun...

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Why would you even respond to a civilian that would ask about a lump or bump under your clothing. I can think of a lot of responses, but NOYFB is the first to come to mind.

Is that a 3-speed holster? I like them because you are not depending on your clothing to support the weight of the gun, which allows much more comfortable/casual clothing options, sweats, nylon shorts, etc.
    22 Year Old With Down Syndrome Beaten By The Police For "Bulge In Pants" That Was His Colostomy Bag - Liberty Crier
    ~
    A man with special needs is speaking out after he was left badly bruised by police. Twenty-two-year-old Gilberto Powell, who has Down Syndrome, is left with horrible bruises and scars on his face after he had an encounter with police outside his home.
    ~
    So be careful with any bulge you may be sporting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast