Is my gun still considered concealed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is my gun still considered concealed

Is my gun still considered concealed

If the tip of my holster is visible and not any part of the weapon shows is my firearm still considered concealed and legal?

ezkl2230 Guest
    It sounds to me like you're trying to split hairs. The firearm isn't showing but the holster is. Florida law seem's pretty clear:

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—(1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
    (2) A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:(a) A self-defense chemical spray.
    (b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.

(3) Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
    If it is a momentary display, Florida law says you're OK, but if the holster is showing as a matter of course because your shirt or jacket are too short to cover it entirely, it seems to me that you may have a problem.

Hi,
    Different states have different definitions of what they consider "concealed". I'd recommend to check you local laws, that way you are sure of their definition.

Quote Originally Posted by XD9_MS View Post
    Hi,
    Different states have different definitions of what they consider "concealed". I'd recommend to check you local laws, that way you are sure of their definition.
    Either that or make sure the entire package is concealed.
    TANSTAAFL

IMO if you can see that it is a holster then it isn't really concealed anymore and is not the proper carry style. As far as the law goes a fanny pack type holster is in plain view and is legal so what does it matter if a little of your holster is showing as long as the weapon is not and you don't care if people know you are carrying.

7. 790.001 Definitions.
    (2) “Concealed firearm” means any firearm, as defined in subsection (6), which is carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the firearm from the ordinary sight of another person.

Basically if a person can easily tell you have a firearm it is not concealed
    I'm not a lawyer so take it for what it's worth. For legal advice ask a lawyer.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Those who accept second best must learn to live with mediocrity. - pafindr

Quote Originally Posted by Buster04 View Post
    If the tip of my holster is visible and not any part of the weapon shows is my firearm still considered concealed and legal?
    This will vary from state to state as to what constitutes brandishing. In some states, even printing through a shirt is considered brandishing and can land you a citation.
    I'd rather not give any indication of a weapon until it's needed anyway though, but that's just me. I prefer the element of surprise as much as anything if someone plans to do bad things to me.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

9. Around here, concealed means concealed.

I'm not sure what would happen if a person could make the grip or other part of a holster from printing, and decides to cry wolf?

Think my answer is in the first sentence...
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

I wear appendix, if any civilian asks it's a medical deviceIs my gun still considered concealed-dscn4718c.jpgIs my gun still considered concealed-dscn4719c.jpg (there is a slight bulge in the Tee Shirts, only a few people have noticed it)

Why would you even respond to a civilian that would ask about a lump or bump under your clothing. I can think of a lot of responses, but NOYFB is the first to come to mind.

Is that a 3-speed holster? I like them because you are not depending on your clothing to support the weight of the gun, which allows much more comfortable/casual clothing options, sweats, nylon shorts, etc.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast