Do we really need TOY GUNS? - Deputy Shoots and Kills teen!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we really need TOY GUNS? - Deputy Shoots and Kills teen!

Do we really need TOY GUNS? - Deputy Shoots and Kills teen!

These mistakes are becoming way to common. A few years ago, when I was chosen for jury duty. This was the same type of incident, only it wasn't a police officer and a teenager. The case was two guys dealing drugs and the not so lucky one had a toy gun in the car. The other guy who had the real one assumed the toy was real. Does anyone know what the government says about toy guns and these types of mistakes?

Teen shot and killed by police while carrying toy rifle - CBS News Video
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

This wasn't a mistake. The officer repeatedly told the kid to drop the weapon, not knowing if it was a toy or not. The boy refused to obey the officer's commands, and the officer fired.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Toy guns aren't the problem. They've been around for a couple hundred years. I had some very realistic looking toys in the 50's and 60's - no one shot me. The problem is that people have no respect for each other now, and all too often conflict results.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

I believe another problem is that people do not nearly have the common sense people had before. When I was a kid with my realistic toy guns, it wouldn't even occur to me to keep holding onto it if a police officer said to drop it. It wouldn't occur to me to point it anyone that I wasn't playing "cops and robbers" with, especially a real cop.

When an authority figure told me that an action of mine was wrong and I continued to do it, there were real consequences. Today, I see kids doing the same stupid things over and over again and a typical response I hear from their parents, "oh, kids will be kids" along with a shrug and a smile. This is not the parenting I remember when I was a kid.

Saying the toy is the fault in these cases is like saying real guns are the fault of people committing murder. The "gun did it" mentality doesn't fly here with toy guns either.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    Does anyone know what the government says about toy guns and these types of mistakes?
    The "government" says "too bad, so sad, sucks to be you. If you hadn't had that gun in the first place, you wouldn't have had to worry about an officer doing his job." Toy guns lead to real gun use, which is the root of all evil and crime according to the "government." Holder made it clear that changing society's mind regarding firearms begins with taking toy guns away from kids.

As I have noted in other posts, the problem is that police have been on a "war" footing for nearly the last 20 years. It isn't the "protect and serve" with which most of us grew up, where cops were friendly, approachable, and more likely to talk someone into surrendering and go an entire career without ever pulling the trigger, when they would come into a classroom for a friendly chat with the students, and let them handle his handcuffs and gun; these days
    we have cops going into classrooms bragging about how they are the only ones professional enough to be trusted with firearms - right before they shoot themselves in the leg in front of those same students with the very firearm that only THEY are professional enough to handle. These days it is a war on crime - and that changes your entire approach, whether you intend to change or not. In a war, one is more likely to pull the trigger first and ask questions later - assuming the suspect is still alive to answer them. Where in the good old days cops would have encouraged kids to carry on with their games of cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, or soldiers, these days a kid with a toy gun is a likely suspect.

But remember, this only applies to us common folks. The PRESIDENT can talk about the evils of guns, even toy guns, all day long, and then go to Camp David and shoot skeet or use toy guns around the pool.

Attached Images Attached Images Do we really need TOY GUNS? -  Deputy Shoots and Kills teen!-0.png.jpeg 

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    The "government" says "too bad, so sad, sucks to be you. If you hadn't had that gun in the first place, you wouldn't have had to worry about an officer doing his job." Toy guns lead to real gun use, which is the root of all evil and crime according to the "government." Holder made it clear that changing society's mind regarding firearms begins with taking toy guns away from kids.

As I have noted in other posts, the problem is that police have been on a "war" footing for nearly the last 20 years. It isn't the "protect and serve" with which most of us grew up, where cops were friendly, approachable, and more likely to talk someone into surrendering and go an entire career without ever pulling the trigger, when they would come into a classroom for a friendly chat with the students, and let them handle his handcuffs and gun; these days
    we have cops going into classrooms bragging about how they are the only ones professional enough to be trusted with firearms - right before they shoot themselves in the leg in front of those same students with the very firearm that only THEY are professional enough to handle. These days it is a war on crime - and that changes your entire approach, whether you intend to change or not. In a war, one is more likely to pull the trigger first and ask questions later - assuming the suspect is still alive to answer them. Where in the good old days cops would have encouraged kids to carry on with their games of cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, or soldiers, these days a kid with a toy gun is a likely suspect.

But remember, this only applies to us common folks. The PRESIDENT can talk about the evils of guns, even toy guns, all day long, and then go to Camp David and shoot skeet or use toy guns around the pool.

And note where his trigger finger is in the second picture. He needs to take some NRA safety courses.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    And note where his trigger finger is in the second picture. He needs to take some NRA safety courses.
    He learned from the best in the business!
    Attached Images Attached Images Do we really need TOY GUNS? -  Deputy Shoots and Kills teen!-ak47_5a.jpg 

Toy guns aren't the problem. Like others have said, the lack of respect our society has today is a big factor.

• Kid's are taught that the police are the enemy
    • officers are taught to look at every civilian as an enemy.
    • Common sense law enforcement is a thing of the past. (LEO's are under extreme pressure and FEAR is rampant in the ranks of a lot of departments.)
    • Parents have unplugged & disengaged from their children's lives.
    • School discipline isn't allowed anymore.
    • If you spank your kid today for misbehaving you can be arrested. (Just the other day somebody was deemed an unfit parent because the refused to take their kid to McDonalds after they misbehaved.)
    • Hollywood is the standard for which most people learn how to act today.
    • The fear & ignorance of the sheeple has grown to staggering proportions.

Just the other day a lady I've known for 20yrs reported a MAN with a gun dressed in camo & stalking children. There was a two day man hunt and it even made the Statewide news.

It turned out to be a 10yr old kid playing with an Airsoft gun. He & other kids were so terrified of the police (watching SWAT teams comb the neighborhood), that they didn't come forward for two days. The thing is that this lady is NOT a flaming anti. She, like others have just been RE-programmed by watching the LSM.

Blaming toy guns & trying to correct an extremely complicated problem with society by outlawing or regulating them is like blaming a fireman armed only with a 2oz "Dixie Cup" for being unable to put out a four alarm fire. (The problem is just to BIG!)

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    He learned from the best in the business!
    Find her trainer in CA and break his fingers. Oh wait, she didn't take a class I'll bet as she is one of CA's political elites. ( sarcasm now turned off
    ) She is political but sure not elite. And as she remembers the mayor being shot every day, she suffers from PTSD and should be banned from even owning a gun. According to her own definition of people who should be banned. Illegal gun in DC and she is in possession of it. Arrest her.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Illegal gun in DC and she is in possession of it. Arrest her.
    Not the first time she has had "illegal in DC" weapons with her for her tirades.

Feinstein is one of DC's biggest illegal weapons traffickers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast