4 States Require Permission to Enter a Dwelling With a Firearm:Good Law or Bad Law? - Page 2

View Poll Results: 4 States Require Permission to Enter a Dwelling With a Firearm:Good Law or Bad Law?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Law

4 7.02%
  • Bad Law

46 80.70%
  • Undecided

7 12.28%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 States Require Permission to Enter a Dwelling With a Firearm:Good Law or Bad Law?

No. Too damn many laws already. It's just another rouge to get into everyone's business. Friggen control freaks anyway.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    No. Too damn many laws already. It's just another rouge to get into everyone's business. Friggen control freaks anyway.
    Ditto, except I tend to think of it as a ruse.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

My property, my rules. Don't like it? Get in your car and leave.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So I guess they will just have to beat you with their pipe wrench then? Do you forbid others from carrying cell phones, lipstick or tampons in their purses too? Why single out a lawfully carried firearm as the object to forbid?

If I felt the need to "confess" my possession of my firearm to someone before entering their home, I would serioiusly reconsider my desire/need to enter their home. If a person says, "I don't carry a gun, and I don't want to be around guns, so please don't bring a gun in my home" I can completely respect that. If a person says, "I am the only one going to be carrying a gun here, and no one else"...then I will respect their desire (not the person) by going somewhere else.
    First if your are entering my home as a friend, then it is not a confession, it is a courtesy. If you're peddling insurance or vacuums, then you have already ignored the "No Solicitation" sign by the door.

If requested, such as repair or installation, it is MY home and MY rules. In my home, if I don't know them, I don't trust them. Clear enough?

Though rare, installers (cable or satellite tv type) with their company ID, are also using the access to steal from trusting home owners. Locally they arrested a guy that had been doing it on a routine basis.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

6. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    First if your are entering my home as a friend, then it is not a confession, it is a courtesy.
    A courtesy?!? What other legal objects that I might be carrying would you consider it a "courtesy" that I tell you about if I come over to your house as a friend? Or is the gun safely carried in my holster special?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Okay, I get where it can be considered polite to ask before you bring a gun in to a friend's house, especially if it's a new friend whose views on guns you don't know. In fact, I probably would ask before going over... this would give me some very telling information concerning whether I will be continuing this friendship or not.

I'm kind of coming to the conclusion that this is a rather silly law. Not necessarily bad, but a bit ridiculous. Especially in AK... isn't everyone armed there? It probably started by trying to make common courtesy (I'm not saying this is common courtesy, just that it was probably the mindset of the lawmakers) required, but that shouldn't have to be regulated.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

I find that many people are just neutral about guns. They don't have one, or if they do it is not loaded or accessible for self defense, but they don't have a problem with people that do own/carry.

If someone is an anti', I doubt we are friends in the first place, as there are likely many reasons they ain't on my contacts list. Conversly there are several people I know that carry, yet their other flaws also prevent them from being considered friend. They will never be invited over, nor would I accept an invite to their house.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I don't invite folks I don't know, or trust, inside. If I don't know or trust them, then they don't come inside, period. If I know them and trust them, they are welcome inside armed or not. I have this posted by my front door:

4 States Require Permission to Enter a Dwelling With a Firearm:Good Law or Bad Law?-gun-sign-nhe-16347_300.gif

We live in the country and most of my friends are armed, just the way we roll around here. If someone doesn't want me in their house armed then I'll meet them elsewhere. You want me, you'll take my firearm, too. I can't imagine why there needs to be "law" that allows a property owner to specify whether someone armed, or not, has a right to entry; the trespass laws would seem to cover it.
    Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and for all the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Sounds kinda dumb to me. I'm grown if I don't want you toting a gun in my home I'll tell you I don't need the state to do it for me
    This sounds right to me. Therefore, dumb law.

11. Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Okay, I get where it can be considered polite to ask before you bring a gun in to a friend's house, especially if it's a new friend whose views on guns you don't know.
    Again, I must ask, why is the gun different than any other lawfully possessed and carried object? Where does the politeness end? Especially if the gun is likely to be concealed anyway? Maybe part of the problem in this society is that we as gun owners treat our own firearms as something evil that we feel the need to ask people if they mind that we carry them safely in our holsters and inform police officers that we are in legal possession of them if they stop us for speeding? If you were Jewish or Muslim would it be polite to tell the friend about your religious beliefs before going in to their house?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast