4 States Require Permission to Enter a Dwelling With a Firearm:Good Law or Bad Law?

View Poll Results: 4 States Require Permission to Enter a Dwelling With a Firearm:Good Law or Bad Law?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Law

4 7.02%
  • Bad Law

46 80.70%
  • Undecided

7 12.28%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 States Require Permission to Enter a Dwelling With a Firearm:Good Law or Bad Law?

4 States Require Permission to Enter a Dwelling With a Firearm:Good Law or Bad Law?

Alaska,Arkansas,Louisiana and South Carolina have the requirement,TMK.

If there are any other states please let the forum know.
    Is this just mannerly,polite appropriate conduct notifying the dweller?
    Or just another 2A infringement?All replies are appreciated.

Sounds redundant... If a private business can refuse to allow guns, a private home would be able to as well. Does the law say you're required to tell the home owner?
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Sounds redundant... If a private business can refuse to allow guns, a private home would be able to as well. Does the law say you're required to tell the home owner?
    In those 4 states only ,yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Blue View Post
    In those 4 states only ,yes.
    Huh. Interesting. I'm not sure what I think of this yet.

I'll sleep on it and get back to you later... lol
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Huh. Interesting. I'm not sure what I think of this yet.

I'll sleep on it and get back to you later... lol
    Cool answer! Yeah, it is not a redundancy, it's an odd quirk. 50 states and only 4 with this oddity. 3 in Dixie and the other, "The Last Frontier". It has always seemed strange to me. Out of The Twilight Zone!

7. Sounds kinda dumb to me. I'm grown if I don't want you toting a gun in my home I'll tell you I don't need the state to do it for me
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

I don't live in one of those states, but I have property rights in my own home. My property rights allow me to tell anyone to leave their rights on the outside, or don't come in. No one has the right to come into my home and preach to me, or try to sell me anything, or on any idea without my permission. Likewise they don't have the right to come into my home armed without my permission.

I have had friends that carry ask, or have simply left it in their vehicle without even asking, or asking it is safe to leave in their vehicle in my driveway, which it is as vehicles can't be seen from the street, plus the dogs will alert if anyone is around. I provide the same courtesy when we visit others in their home, or simply leave it in the car.

Someone I don't know, repairman, installer, plumber, etc., no, I don't want them carrying into my home.

My house, my rules and like JD said, I don't need the state get involved.
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Someone I don't know, repairman, installer, plumber, etc., no, I don't want them carrying into my home.
    So I guess they will just have to beat you with their pipe wrench then? Do you forbid others from carrying cell phones, lipstick or tampons in their purses too? Why single out a lawfully carried firearm as the object to forbid?

If I felt the need to "confess" my possession of my firearm to someone before entering their home, I would serioiusly reconsider my desire/need to enter their home. If a person says, "I don't carry a gun, and I don't want to be around guns, so please don't bring a gun in my home" I can completely respect that. If a person says, "I am the only one going to be carrying a gun here, and no one else"...then I will respect their desire (not the person) by going somewhere else.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

10. The only way I would consider this sort of law a positive thing is if it applied to LEO and civilians alike and this required officers to request my consent for them to be allowed to enter private property while armed, unless conducting a search warrant.

If I don't want you in my house for whatever reason, you are leaving. If you don't I'll call the cops and you will have a trespassing charged levied against you. Why the need for another law? Unless this makes the trespassing charge a felony.

If the gun wasn't used, it should be a non-factor even in this case. Stupid law.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast